EU maps will not load, although installed -- NEW ISSUE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU maps will not load, although installed -- NEW ISSUE

I know this is a problem others have had, but the usual solution has not worked for me.

The problem is that when I try to load a multiplayer EF map, I get rejected with a message saying that I do NOT have EU and receive an invitation to buy the boster back, which I have already done.

Today I deleted BF2 completely (uninstall), but kept my profiles.
    I then reinstalled BF2,
    I then installed patch 1.3,
    installed EF boster pack,
    and re-installed patch 1.3.

Same issue remains.

NOTE: my in-game TG accound name is |1st-MIP|E_Male, but my EA Games ACCOUNT (re: game downloader), is empireofmind. I have been told that these names MUST match for the install to work (?) BUT I have no idea how to change my EA account-downloader name (empireofmind) to match my in-game name.

Help please. Soon I will not be able to play TG if the problem continues...

E-Male
    sigpic

Re: EU maps will not load, although installed -- NEW ISSUE

I think you have to change the ea downloader account to |1st-MIP|E-Male

Comment

Step by step :)

1. Open EA downloader and login
      2. Select Battlefield 2: Euro Force™ and click Edit Battlefield 2 Nickname
      3. Login to the EA website
      4. Click the Downloads Info tab
      5. Change both fields to reflect your Battlefield 2 in-game username and click OK!
      |TG| Lorian
      Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

When you click on the booster pack link within the downloader, at the top there should be a link to changing your BF2 name.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Thank you guys. I tried to delete this thread, as soon as I finished it I went back to the problem again, found the solution in the EA games nickname, changed the name to match my TG name, and all works now. Am downloading the AF booster pack so I will be able to join in the killin tonight after my class.

What a relief.

Tanks again for the quick reply!

E-Male
          sigpic

Comment

What happens when your bf2 account name is longer than 16 characters? EA downloader won't let me create an account name with more than 16. So, how can I get the two to match?

Nevermind.

Comment

I'm in even more of a pickle involving 2 downloader accounts and 2 BF2 accounts. One downloader has EF, the other AF, the one with EF is connected to my good BF2 account, the other (with AF) is connected to a new name I made when it said my name was in use. EA customer supported is helping me. (I did my research, the only way for me to fix it is to have EA manually give one account the privledges for the booster it does not have so I can have both, it's good I used the sane credit card for both accounts).
              The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
              #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
              83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie
                What happens when your bf2 account name is longer than 16 characters? EA downloader won't let me create an account name with more than 16. So, how can I get the two to match?

Nevermind.
                Your EA username and your BF2 usernames do not have to match. When you buy the booster it will ask you what your EA username is.
                |TG| Lorian

Comment

Thanks Lorian, I figured it out.

By the way, for those who are having content modified issues, I installed EU and AF over the full 1.3 patch then reran the full 1.3 patch. I had no troubles last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian
                    Step by step :)

1. Open EA downloader and login
                    2. Select Battlefield 2: Euro Force™ and click Edit Battlefield 2 Nickname
                    3. Login to the EA website
                    4. Click the Downloads Info tab
                    5. Change both fields to reflect your Battlefield 2 in-game username and click OK!
                    YES!!! .. This should be a sticky!!!

I'm glad I found this. I hopes it's the resolution to my mapnotauthorized message that I'm getting after installed AF and the FULL 1.3 patch :)

HOORAY! +rep Lorian!
                    [TG-Irr]Vulcher
                    sigpic

Comment

Glad I could help :) Thanks for the rep :D
                      |TG| Lorian

Comment

Hmm I don't understand, out of the whole list of games, all of them have description 'Trailer' and all theirstatus is 'Ready to Play' What's going on? When I clikc on a game, only the trailer plays and there's no option to change my name in the Edit menu. :(

and no, my EA downloader nickname is not the same as my BF2 username since it was already taken.

Comment

How did you install the booster packs if they are not listed in your downloader?

Go to www.battlefield2.com, click on "Login" in the top right corner, login and the page will refresh, now click "My Account" up by where Login used to be. Give it your password again and you'll get to the same page the downloader takes you to. Click on "Downloads Info" and put in the name you use to play BF2 with.
                          Battlefield Admin() ()
                          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                          | for | |

Comment

Thanks for the help, i'll check out the website. No, everything is listed in the downloader, but everything jsut simply says Ready to Play, even Battlefield 2142, I don't know why...

UPDATE: I clicked on My Account, but I don't see Downloads Info, only Member Info, Billing Info, Subscription Info, My Games. Which one allows me to enter my name?

Comment

downloads info

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X