AF, Join game then black screen, sound loop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF, Join game then black screen, sound loop

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as I am with the AF pack. I was able to play the booster for about 2 hours last night. After that time the screen went black and there is this sound loop kind of, every couple of seconds a little bit of game sound plays. Now every time I load a map and press join game it does it. I even unistalled bf2 and ea downloader, reinstalled bf2 with the latest patch and this problem still occurs, even though it never occured before I got the booster. Any one else got this problem? any suggestions?

Re: AF, Join game then black screen, sound loop

Sounds more like a hardware or driver problem, but I am no expert. Does normal bf2 work?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

The problem I had/have is similar. I could join AF maps fine but it would take about 5 seconds between the moment I hit join game and the moment I actually was in-game (which is unusual considering how fast my current pc is). Everything worked fine at that point, I could see the game and everything, but if I tried to spawn at all, the game would freeze the moment I hit "Done" after having selected my spawn point.

Reinstalling 1.3 did not fix it but what threw me off was that Antialiasing set itself to Off after I had installed AF. I set it back to 4x before even trying to join my first AF game.

So what I did to "fix" it was turn AA off and join a game, then I could spawn without freezing. However, after playing that game then quitting the game, I set AA to 2x then 4x and everything worked fine... I can't see it being a hardware problem considering my specs (Opteron 170 @ 2.4ghz stable, 2 gig dual channel ram, Radeon X1900XTX 512mb).
      Just a really weird bug.

Comment

5 seconds? For me, it's like 5 minutes after I get into the game when the game is finally smooth, before that it's just horribly jerky and can't do anything except flail around.
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

The game runs perfectly smooth for me usually, having 2 gigs of ram helps more than anything really, BF2 is a ram whore. Whenever I join a game and first spawn, I just do a 360 spin so that it "loads" everything and from that point on it's never jerky for the rest of the map.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was a hardware problem also, but I more than pass the min specs and have never had a problem like this before. The AF booster might have messed with my sound & video cards but I updated both drivers. I just uninstalled bf2 again and defragged my hard drive, I'll try that.

I have also seen other people on other forums have the same exact problem, they have no idea either whats going on. The thing that gets me is that I actually played AF on my computer for a long time before this problem, and the fact that these are actually good maps makes it worse.

I'm going to reinstall and update the post.

edit- no tempus, regular bf2 no longer works. :\

Comment

I'm really lost now, I just uninstalled bf2, then defragged, fresh install without any patches. I can't even use single player anymore, I get the same problem. I am totally lost. I can't even begin to guess what happened. I might not have removed all of bf2, so how do I know I totally uninstalled it?

Comment

EA Support - How do you manually uninstall Battlefield 2?
                |TG| Lorian
                Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Meegan, play with your video and sound settings and see if anything there can make a difference.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Well, I can play now... I switched out my 6600gt with a radeon 9800pro and it works fine. I'm really kind of confused. AF must have messed with my 6600, I don't know how but it seems to be a logical decuction. I switched them after a clean reformat of my hard drive, which didn't work. Anyway the booster actually is pretty sweet.

Comment

I hav an x-850 and when i overclocked it after buying BF2 it did the same thing. Are you over clocking using the catalyst control center?
                      The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
                      #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
                      83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Mine seems to be locking up whenever I try to change to the squad tab or spawn by pressing "done." The game just locks up on me and I have to press the reset button on the front of my computer. I really wish I had bought the DVD-Rom version. I hate installing off of those CDs. It only crashes on AF maps and single player seems to work just fine.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pecker
                          Mine seems to be locking up whenever I try to change to the squad tab or spawn by pressing "done." The game just locks up on me and I have to press the reset button on the front of my computer. I really wish I had bought the DVD-Rom version. I hate installing off of those CDs. It only crashes on AF maps and single player seems to work just fine.

I am having this exact same problem. I join the game just fine, but if I try to view the squads, scoreboard, or just spawn, I lock up. Before this, I was playing AF maps just fine. Actually I played about 4 hours ago, so I don't know what the deal is. I'm downloading the latest ATI drivers currently.

Comment

Last night, the first two times I joined AF it locked up but I could alt-tab and get a task manager going to close BF2. Third time I was able to play.

Tonight, I joined and the game froze right away.. Just the game, as the numlock key still responded, but I couldn't alt-tab out and had to hit reset. I'm in no mood to fight with the stupid game tonight, so I'm not gunna bother. Such a PITA.

Interestingly enough, I have a PCI-E GF6600.
                            Battlefield Admin() ()
                            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                            | for | |

Comment

Yeah, I have a PCI-E GeForce 6800 so its probably not a video card driver thing. What a pain.

*EDIT* After cruising through EA's BF2 forums, it seems that the lockup problems that I and several others are having are fairly common and only happen on AF maps. Its a shame because those maps seem really cool. I guess we'll have to sit and wait for a fix.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X