Audio Defaults changing mid game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Defaults changing mid game

Having some goofy trouble. I set my audio so that my microphone works, and that Opfor talks in english. Roughly the time of my first death, my microphone will stop working, I can't hear my squadmates and it's plain old jibberish in my ears. Prior to the death, no problem understanding the chatter and can converse with my squadmates.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lucky Shot

Re: Audio Defaults changing mid game

Originally posted by Lucky Shot
    Having some goofy trouble. I set my audio so that my microphone works, and that Opfor talks in english. Roughly the time of my first death, my microphone will stop working, I can't hear my squadmates and it's plain old jibberish in my ears. Prior to the death, no problem understanding the chatter and can converse with my squadmates.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lucky Shot

Check in your audio control panel, and see if the mic has been muted, along with your headphones/speakers.

My mic always mutes when bf2 has loaded for some strange reason, so alt/tab out and umute, then its fine.

Not sure if this is the cause of your problems?

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Screenshots of before game with the settings...

It works for a couple minutes then after the first death, it defaults to this...

The tough thing is that the only way I can get my microphone to work after that is to leave the game and restart.

Reinstalled sound drivers. Removed last program that I had installed. Guess I am somewhat at a loss.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Are you sure it's software or config? What's the status of your sound card? Old or overclocked? How is your PS holding up? If your card is underpowered or hot it can always do some funky stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
          Are you sure it's software or config? What's the status of your sound card? Old or overclocked? How is your PS holding up? If your card is underpowered or hot it can always do some funky stuff.
          I believe it's the software as even after VOIP gives out I can still talk on Teamspeak and can hear vehicles and things ordered over the commo rose. The only part that gives out is VOIP. I have other games that have no trouble and also watch movies on the machine, again no trouble. Sound card is integrated onto the motherboard and reinstalled the drivers for it three times.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Have you checked your firewall config? If there is a port for VOIP being blocked, it's possible BF2 may self-correct by turning the VOIP stream off.

Comment

Thanks man, searched a series of forums and it looks like it is fixed by changing my sound options in DXDiag to Basic. Don't know why, but it seems to be working now.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X