Problems with AF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with AF

I bought the AF expansion and installed it through the EA downloader. But when I went to the TG server it said that I need to buy and install the AF expansion. So i restarted and brought up the EA downloader. When I click on the AF expansion it says play now and when I click that button BF2 comes up. So i am at a lose.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Re: Problems with AF

Hmm, you need to make sure your gamespy nick is setup right, within the ea downloader to match your battlfield 2 nickname. Its normal when you click play now that bf2 pops up, because AF is not expansion, just maps that mix into regular bf2.

Comment

Not sure what you're doing exactly, but the proper steps are:

Make sure your Nickname (set in the downloader) matches your in-game name.
      Make sure the downloader is running and you are logged in.
      Open bf2 normally and try to connect to a server running an AF map.

I have never tried to connect via the downloader.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Make sure AF and EF are on the same downloader account. The idiot that is me got frusrated when the purchase told me that my name was in use, so I created a new account, and it took me the better part of a week for me to get them to move the AF privledges to the account with EF on it.
        The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving.

I
        #83 of 213 things you cannot do in the army.
        83. Must not start any SITREP (Situation Report) with "I recently had an experience I just had to write you about...."

Comment

Yep, my nickname for my EA account is different from my Battlefield 2 account but they share the same e-mail. So i can't create a new account on either one of them because i can't delete either account. So...... that leaves me in a wierd spot.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

Your EA downloader login name can be whatever. The key is to edit your account info so it understands what battlefield 2 name you want to associate with AF/EF. To do this open the downloader. Click on the AF booster pack. You should now have the view where you can hit Play Now etc. Instead click the link "Edit battlefield 2 nickname"...login to your account with your EA downloader password. After logging in click the Downloads Info tab and input your current battlefield 2 nickname that you want to associate AF with. If you have done that then you should be good to go. If still not working please post again and we can go in a new direction.
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Hey when i tried that it tells me - The account name you entered is in use. Please try another account name.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X