Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

    Howdie, all!

    I've been having this peculiar problem where when playing BF2 on the same computer but different game accounts, I get different average pings. For example, when my brother or myself play on our respective accounts, we get an average ping at around 50 (ranging from 20-80) playing on various US servers. However, when using the same Window's account, same computer, and same internet connection (cable), my sister's account has pings at 150+ for the same servers.

    I bring this peculiarity to you guys to see if anyone can give me an explanation or reason for this problem. Possible solutions would be much appreciated. :D

    |TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
    TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
    ||

  • #2
    Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

    I think there is an option in BF2 for you internet speed (either cable or T1 i think) Make sure that all computers have the same setting selected. I heard it makes a difference, but not as much as you are saying.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

      Your sister isn't running any more background applications than you or your brother is she? That might make a difference too if it likes to access the internet all the time.
      AKA ContingencyPlan


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

        In addition to the great advice above...Are you testing these back-to-back-to-back or are these accounts being played at different times of day. Time of day can make a big difference due to different levels of saturation within and between peering arrangements.
        LoyalGuard

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

          My guess would be spyware or other "good" programs that are accessing the internet. Does she use an IM program that runs at login?

          Besides identifying the obvious programs you should also try spybot and adaware to sweep the computer.


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

            Originally posted by DrunkenSoul
            I think there is an option in BF2 for you internet speed (either cable or T1 i think) Make sure that all computers have the same setting selected. I heard it makes a difference, but not as much as you are saying.
            The thing is, it's the same computer. But, if that setting is for each account in BF, I will go hunting around for it.

            @Millipede & LoyalGuard:

            I did play the accounts back to back, so they were at the same time of day. Also, I didn't even exit BF, I just disconnected off her name and signed on as mine, so no new background applications were running.

            |TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
            TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
            ||

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

              Good deal, just checking.

              The internet setting is different for each account BTW. Definitely check that out.
              LoyalGuard

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

                Originally posted by ThePenguineer
                The thing is, it's the same computer. But, if that setting is for each account in BF, I will go hunting around for it.

                @Millipede & LoyalGuard:

                I did play the accounts back to back, so they were at the same time of day. Also, I didn't even exit BF, I just disconnected off her name and signed on as mine, so no new background applications were running.
                Then it definetely sounds like that connection speed setting in game.

                So, for anyone more informed then me, having that internet connection speed setting on cable will give me a better connection (since I use cable internet access) then the T1 setting, correct?
                AKA ContingencyPlan


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

                  Originally posted by ThePenguineer
                  my sister's account has pings at 150+ for the same servers.
                  EA have to do something to hold back women as they have naturaly faster reactions

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Same Computer, Different Avg. Ping

                    Maybe the computer doesn't like your sister.







                    Just kidding, no harm meant.:) Does she have any background accounts running? Does she use a different BF2 account? If so, click on options and on that page it should ask you what your connection is. Not sure though. G
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X