Creating a new account problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a new account problems

I plan on becoming a supporting member come July. I decided to make a new account with the
    |TG-Irr|x name and all cause i plan on signing up with the Irrs.

When i did this my new account was cool except when i got on the screen to join a squad the mouse was inverted. The SL and C.O. screens were inverted also. Meaning, when i moved the mouse down on the mouse pad the arrow went up!!!! what the blank. I played around with it but it did not change. I decided to delete the account.

Later i made a demo account and the problem went away. Cool!!!

Later i made the same name again |TG-Irr|x but i got 'uniquenick is invalid' when starting the account.
    I experimented with other names that still had |TG-Irr| to start the name but still 'uniquenick is invalid'

I thought my first |TG-Irr| name i started had not been taken off the database but it has.

What gives? Should i just give it some time?

I have a |TG|Rick_the_new_guy account ready to go an all, but i really want to join the Irr come July.
    "I need support here!"
    (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
    (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
    (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
    Squad Leader pledge to their team:
    Commander pledge to their SL:

Re: Creating a new account problems

Originally posted by Rick_the_new_guy
    I plan on becoming a supporting member come July. I decided to make a new account with the
    |TG-Irr|x name and all cause i plan on signing up with the Irrs.

When i did this my new account was cool except when i got on the screen to join a squad the mouse was inverted. The SL and C.O. screens were inverted also. Meaning, when i moved the mouse down on the mouse pad the arrow went up!!!! what the blank. I played around with it but it did not change. I decided to delete the account.

Later i made a demo account and the problem went away. Cool!!!

Later i made the same name again |TG-Irr|x but i got 'uniquenick is invalid' when starting the account.
    I experimented with other names that still had |TG-Irr| to start the name but still 'uniquenick is invalid'

I thought my first |TG-Irr| name i started had not been taken off the database but it has.

What gives? Should i just give it some time?

I have a |TG|Rick_the_new_guy account ready to go an all, but i really want to join the Irr come July.
    "I need support here!"
    Why not just use the prefix feature at the login screen?
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch
      Why not just use the prefix feature at the login screen?
      The Irregs' prefix is "|TG-Irr|" which has eight characters, and the prefix only allows 6 so we all created new acounts.

Rick, I think you might have just deleted the account from the list on your computer. I don't think you can actually delete an account on the EA servers (or gamespy or whatever). I would try using the "retrieve account" button at the logon menu and entering the info for the Irr account you created so you can get it back. If the menus and such are still acting weird then look for more help to fix that.

One last thing... you don't need to be an SM to join the Irregs. A lot of us have become supporting members recently, but it is not at all required to be a member.
      AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Good question

My name appears to be too long. When i try to do the prefix bit it does not allow me to finish all of the prefix. So i'm stuck with [TG-Rick_the_new_guy.
        at best i can do [TG]Rick_the_new_guy
        i guess u can only put 20 characters in the account name.
        I modified my name in order to put |TG-Irr| 'rest of name' but it does not want to work

i deleated it cause there was a bug with the mouse on the spawn, SL and CO screen. I could not function like that. O well, I just come up with a differnt name and hope things work out next time.
        Thanks for the help gang.
        Last edited by Rick_the_new_guy; 06-25-2006, 12:46 AM.

Comment

The best i could do is: |TG-Irr|Ric_Recondo I tried it out and no bugs on the spawn, SL, C.O. screen. I have not made changes to the controls and such so i hope this works.
          i wanted |TG-Irr|Recondo,Rick but that had the bug in it. and Rick_Recondo was invalid.

I'll take this though. the name is prononced the same so people should not have a problem knowing who it is. Maybe Rick can reappear in the future.

Thanks for the help gang, I'll be all set come July. I even know how to get my BF2 I.D. number. Yes!!

This Thread will be closed in 12 seconds. 11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse