X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ports used by BF2 according to EA email

This caught my eye on the EA forum:

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...2628f112a5dcba

It contains an EA email to "kozmic" who suffered from connection problems. I am posting this
    1) because there are many more ports in the list then I knew of (>15!)
    2) because I remember a discussion I had here about wether you need to open ports for bf2 voip.
    This email confirms that you do have to, since the standard voip ports 55123 55124 are in the list.

This is the email:
    Hi Kozmick,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. Iím sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2. Did you get any error message when you experience the crashing?

Connection issues typically are caused by one or more ports being blocked by a firewall, router, or even your Internet Service Provider to help maintain security. These ports are the doorways used to send and receive information between your computer and the server. You must configure your router/firewall to have the game's ports open in order to connect to the servers properly.

The ports for Battlefield 2 are as follows:

UDP ports:
    1500-4999

TCP ports:

You may also need to have your Internet Service Provider open these ports for you. For help configuring a firewall or router you may need to refer to the manufacturer.

If you are using GameSpy Arcade, please check the requirements listed in the Working Around the Firewall/Proxy section of their site:

Please click here to go to GameSpy Arcadeís firewall page.
    http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/firewalls.shtml

Please click here for further connection troubleshooting steps.
    http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/cci/ea/connection.php?p_sid=%3C?%20echo%20$p_sid%20?%20%2 0%20%3E

To further assist you, please provide additional system information. Please send me this information from a program called dxdiag.exe. To do this:

∑ Go to Start -> Run.
    ∑ In the box, type the following: dxdiag
    ∑ Click "OK"
    ∑ Click the "Save All Information" button on the first screen of the application.
    ∑ Then on top of the "Save As" box that pops up, select Desktop (if it's not set to save there already), then click Save.
    ∑ Finally, attach the dxdiag.txt to your email reply.

After we receive this file we can continue troubleshooting the issues at hand and hopefully come to a solution.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://support.ea.com)

Ronan
    EA Technical Support

Re: Ports used by BF2 according to EA email

Why did they make the game such a giant security risk, with all these open ports? Most other games work quite happily on a single port.
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Woot! got a reply after so many months!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
        Woot! got a reply after so many months!
        That's the problem with new players. They keep finding old stuff that's relevant, and then they go and bloody post. Ban the lot of 'em. :D
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Those are outgoing ports, which are irrelevant for all but the most security insano.
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
            The ports for Battlefield 2 are as follows:

UDP ports:
            1500-4999

TCP ports:
            Anyone know what ports are used for what (or where I could find the info)? I been looking for more details about the BF2 ports for some time now.

The reason is because we are two people sharing a connection. We can both play BF2 together without any problem. But I am unable to make VOIP work for both. Only the firs person to connect will have VOIP. On the second machine, the little "speaker icon" is not there as if the game was unable to connect to VOIP.

So iI was hoping to have more details to maybe add a few rules to the firewall to solve this. Any info would be greatly apreciated.
            TG-Irr BoldKiller0082

Comment

By default, the VOIP server ports are 55123 and 55124. I don't have any more detail than that. I can only tell you "it worked for me".
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X