BF2 keeps freezing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 keeps freezing

Before i left for vacation, i was able to play BF2 with no hiccups. Now that ive come back im greeted with lots of freezes. They occur about 10 seconds after i get in game (as in after i load the map and press the "Join game" button) and if it doesnt happen on the very first map i play in any session, it will freeze once i load the second map of the gaming session. All it does is freeze, my tower "clicks", and then it reboots.

When i get back to windows, i get a window that tells me "The system has recovered from a serious error". In that window i clicked to find out more info about the error, and i get this jibberish:

Error signature
    BCCode : 77 BCP1 : C000000E BCP2 : C000000E BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : 0173D000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

The "technical information" is as follows:
    C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0df1.dir00\Mini 071206-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Kevin\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER0df1.dir00\sysd ata.xml

I have tried cleaning out my tower with compressed air, assuming that dust piled up while i was on vacation. No dice. Im computer stupid so i dont know what else to try.

>_< sorry i deleted my post as I don't think it is really that relevant...

I would recommand running a full virus scan (just to make sure), then follow by a disk check and a defrag.

It feels to me it had something to do with your memory. Perhaps some IT member could help you.
    Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Re: BF2 keeps freezing

uh-oh, I had a similar issue, except it was when I booted into windows, my computer would popup an error message and then shut down my computer, I had to do a "shutdown -a" in the command, I eventually fixed it, but I did 50 things, So I won't be much help, I did delete those files several times, and they'd come back upon rebooting back into windows.

I would suggest, googling parts of the error message, there is some nice tech forums, where you can post your error message and get responces.

here's a link to the tech website I used, http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/

nm, do you have ZoneAlarm installed?

check this link - http://www.mytechsupport.ca/componen...2/topic,1265.0

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch
        >_< sorry i deleted my post as I don't think it is really that relevant...

I would recommand running a full virus scan (just to make sure), then follow by a disk check and a defrag.

It feels to me it had something to do with your memory. Perhaps some IT member could help you.
        I didnt really absorb what your previous post was, but could you post it again? It looked relevent to me, and maybe someone a little more technically oriented could give their insight on it.

Comment

I talked to my brother about this. Apparently he thinks dust, or something like it, messed up the platter in the HD. It messed up a temporary file, so he told me to delete that file and when windows realizes i deleted it, the file will be recreated elsewhere. He also told me to do a disk check. Whatever the hell does, i do not know.

I still need to test if i can load 2 or 3 maps in a row, so hopefully theres a pub raid going on. When i know if that fixed it or not, ill reply again in this post.

Comment

Does it reboot on any game or application or just BF2? If it does than it might be your power supply, looks like it could be a number of things, bad memory, parts of the hard drive could be bad.
            XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

Originally posted by Santa
              I didnt really absorb what your previous post was, but could you post it again? It looked relevent to me, and maybe someone a little more technically oriented could give their insight on it.
              here you go --> http://www.dvcreators.net/discuss/showthread.php?t=3192

In one of the post, this guy suggested:

1) Reset the video aperatire in the MoBo BIOS to its maximum. Mine was at 64MB and now it's 256MB.

2) Reset the virtual memory initial and max size to barely larger than system RAM. For me 1GB RAM, I set size to 1030 both initial and max.
              Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

After doing what i described above, instead of freezing and rebooting it just crashes to desktop upon pressing the "Join game" button. Maybe thats a good clue for someone smarter than i. In the meantime im gonna defrag and maybe try what rocketpunch suggested.

Comment

are you able to play any other graphic intensive game ok? My comp did this during the EF scrim. Its was about 150 degrees in my room and my vid card was overheating. Freezes, CTD, etc. If you can play, say, F.E.A.R. ok for about an hour straight, then im dumb ;)

Comment

I'd take a look at the video card temps. You say it doesn't necessarily happen on the first game but when you load the second game it does. That would lead me to believe it may be a heat issue. Heck go grab a fan from somewhere around the house, open the case and have the fan going at it full blast. Play a couple of games and see if it still happens. I wouldn't go deleting any Windows files for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa
                      After doing what i described above, instead of freezing and rebooting it just crashes to desktop upon pressing the "Join game" button. Maybe thats a good clue for someone smarter than i.
                      Does this happen consistently on every server that you try to join? There's a known bug in one of the recent patches that causes occasional CTDs when clicking the join button (you wouldn't crash if you didn't click join and waited until you automatically entered the game). This happens occasionally to me and I'll just try another server and it will work fine.

Comment

If this is only happening with BF2 and not any other game this is where I would start:

1- Navigate to the BF2 cache folder:

My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache.

2- Delete the content of that folder, don't empty your recycle bin yet.

3- Start BF2, create a local server, pick any vanilla map and hit join (you will get the «optimizing shaders bla bla» message).

If you decide to try this, please post the results.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I saw you playing last night Santa. What did you do to fix it?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                            I saw you playing last night Santa. What did you do to fix it?
                            I was able to play because that was my first round and i got slightly lucky. I froze and restarted on the next round.

Anyway, ill get started on some of these suggestions. Thanks.

Comment

If it's not happening until after a certain period of time spent playing then I'd have to think it's a heat issue, I could be wrong though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X