Trouble Installing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble Installing

I had BF2 installed on my computer before but I uninstalled it... I don't really remember why.

Anyways, I want to put it back on my computer but it gets about half done and a pop up comes up. It says "Install Failed, Start over from beginning" I tried three different times but I can't get it to work. I heard some people say that they had to reformat for it to work. I dont want to have to go through all that.

I was wondering if there was a fix so that I can get back to playing again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Catcherguy

Re: Trouble Installing

Hey,

I am having the same problem. I believe the problem is due to the disc being damaged. I tried to copy the disc's contents to a folder as suggested by EA but get a cyclic redundancy error every time. I even tried on two other systems to make sure it wasnt a problem with my drive.
    So then I tried copying the files and folders one by one. The only one that gives the error is "data2.cab".

Try copying the contents of disk 1 to a folder on your desktop one file/folder at a time. If we are lucky you will get an error while copying a different file and we can swap files to make a good copy. If not then we will both either have to buy another copy or find somebody who is willing to make us a copy of disk 1 or the damaged "data2.cab" file.

SgtRagnar

Comment

Re: Trouble Installing

I believe EA also has a process for getting replacement discs, with a small-ish fee attached of course.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed