Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reinstall problems

I need a quick bit of help.

I had to reinstall bf2 due to a reinstall of xp.

I reinstalled af and ef but when i try to install sf it says that bf2 isn't installed.

Prolly missing a registry entry.

Don't feel like waiting 3 days for an ea response that will likely be to reinstall everything again.

Anyone know what reg entries are for bf2?
    Meister

Re: reinstall problems

Originally posted by Pvt_Meister
    I need a quick bit of help.

I had to reinstall bf2 due to a reinstall of xp.

I reinstalled af and ef but when i try to install sf it says that bf2 isn't installed.

Prolly missing a registry entry.

Don't feel like waiting 3 days for an ea response that will likely be to reinstall everything again.

Anyone know what reg entries are for bf2?
    I believe you have to install SF, patches, then the boosters (AF/EF).

From EA support KB:

Install Battlefield 2.
    Install Battlefield 2: Special Forces (if applicable).
    Install the latest patch.
    Install Battlefield 2: Euro Forces
    Once you have completed installation please try the game again. If you still have an issue please Install the latest patch once again.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Never mind!!!!

I got tired of waiting and reinstalled.

Of course eadownloader is screwing up and won't download one of the expansion packs now.

From my experience with games bf2 is the most problematic game I have ever owned.
      Meister

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt_Meister
        From my experience with games bf2 is the most problematic game I have ever owned.
        Love to hate it! There's gotta be some reason that we all put up with the crap that comes along with it... Any other game woulda been shelved a long time ago!
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Meister if you need to reinstall EF or AF and EA downloader says they are already installed then do this. Browse to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache . Open the folder that is your EA downloader username. After that open the folders eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2af and eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2euro . Inside each of these folders is AF and EF.(the download doesn't get deleted after installing) Just double click the setup executables and you'll be able to install each booster.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis
            Meister if you need to reinstall EF or AF and EA downloader says they are already installed then do this. Browse to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Downloader\cache . Open the folder that is your EA downloader username. After that open the folders eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2af and eagamesbf2-2006online_map_contentbf2euro . Inside each of these folders is AF and EF.(the download doesn't get deleted after installing) Just double click the setup executables and you'll be able to install each booster.
            wow! thats good to know.
            Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

And.. you can burn those folders off to CD/DVD so you don't have to download the boosters again! You can even print custom covers for the discs and boxes!
              Battlefield Admin() ()
              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
              | for | |

Comment

Its just getting worse.

I reinstalled... again.. installed SF patched 1.3. downloaded and installed AF... Now ea downloader won't download EF...

and

I went to play today and now it is not recognizing that I have bf2 installed.

When I go to join a server it crashes to desktop. I tried starting from the CD and it wants to reinstall again.

Could someone please give me a screen shot of what their registry has in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Electronic Arts/EA Core/Installed Games

I know that there was something in this folder in the registry before but now it is gone. If I get this fixed I might have to make my registry read only.
                Meister

Comment

Just a post on the results.

It turns out that uninstalling ea downloader removes bf2 keys in the registry. Pathetic

My work around was to just rename my current bf2 folder, reinstall bf2 then rename the original folder back to bf2.

This way I have the registry rebuilt. Although I could use someone posting a screen shot of their registry for Special Forces.....
                  Meister

Comment

first request

2nd request I think this is what you wanted,

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                      [img][/img] first request

2nd request I think this is what you wanted,

That helped but when I try to run SF it says my CD key is bad. Does your CD key in vanilla match your CD key for SF.

It should be the default line in the subfolder "ergc".

Of course I don' t need to know your cd key just if they match.
                      Meister

Comment

I have issues when I reinstall battlefield with my cdkey as well, I have to manually type it in.

does yours have this "x9392" in there? if so just add on your cdkey to the end of that prefix without the "-". I had to do that for SF as well.

If its blank or something, just type your cd key after that prefix, and paste it. Should work.

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
                          I have issues when I reinstall battlefield with my cdkey as well, I have to manually type it in.

does yours have this "x9392" in there? if so just add on your cdkey to the end of that prefix without the "-". I had to do that for SF as well.

If its blank or something, just type your cd key after that prefix, and paste it. Should work.

I had to add the x9392 to my bf2 cd to get it to work.

I tried the same for sf but no luck

I guess I'll just have to reinstall it all.......... .
                          Meister

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X