Controller Setup Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controller Setup Question

I bought BF2 today, and it is my first game on a PC. I have a controller similar to a Playstation 2 controller. I am having trouble setting it up correctly. What I am trying to do is set the look-around setting (like aiming my crosshairs) to the right analog stick. I have set the strafe and move settings to the left analog. Is there any reason I cannot get the right analog to work this way? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Controller Setup Question

You definately would be better served to learn the mouse and keyboard controls. Console games are written to allow the inaccuracy of the game controller but PC games aren't. You really need the fine control that the mouse and keyboard give you. Jump on the TG server and practice. Tell your squad leader that you are learning the game and he or she will usually be more than happy to help. Don't get frustrated because if you die a lot, TG has some of the best players around.

If you haven't already then please read the TG server rules and SOP's. They will make things go much smoother for you.

Hope to see you on the server.
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

welcome aboard SouthBLVD. I too tried the PS type controller and I can tell you that it will not work for a PC game like this. I actually had all the controls programed in but it was IMPOSSIBLE to get any rounds on target. I finally returned it and started playing with the keyboard and mouse. Also a good idea is a flight stick because the PS controller isn't really all that good for flying the choppers or jets (at least in my opinion). I'm using the Logitech extreme 3D pro and it works great. Some other things would be a USB keyboard and laser mouse with a few extra buttons on it. I think Logitech has one called an MX518 or something like that. Then all the times you get killed you can only blame yourself...... I blame me alot :)

Hope this helps and I'll see you on the field.

Comment

I only use my PS2 pad for flying, and mouse/board for everything else.
        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

First...welcome to TG...This is the only place you'll want to play BF2. Spend a few rounds out in public server land (pubbies) and you'll see why. The level of cooperation and team work on the TG servers is far above anything you'll find anywhere else. Try flying a jet or helo on a public server then come to TG and try it...that's a good litmus test.

Second...I tried using a controller like that when I first got BF2. I was a big Playstation II fan, playing MOH and numerous other titles. I had trouble switching to mouse and keyboard but after a few rounds I forgot about it and forged ahead.

Feel free to PM me and let me know when you are playing--I'd be glad to help show you the ropes. I don't do too much Squad leading anymore but if you see Grunt SQD feel free to join in.

And especially if you see a Learn TG squad.

cheers and welcome aboard
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

hi grunt 70 i hope you dont mind me pm you i was reading your thread i am new to this site and battlefront 2 . i was wondering if there is a list showing you keyboard settings for bat/2 that makes it work fast and efficient.also my mic sounds really low in volume and sometimes muffled is there anyway i can improve this hope you can help thank you mickybee

Comment

Originally posted by mickybee26 View Post
              hi grunt 70 i hope you dont mind me pm you i was reading your thread i am new to this site and battlefront 2 . i was wondering if there is a list showing you keyboard settings for bat/2 that makes it work fast and efficient.also my mic sounds really low in volume and sometimes muffled is there anyway i can improve this hope you can help thank you mickybee

Glad you stopped by Mickybee. Lets meet up and get you squared away.

We can meet in game or on Teamspeak. Probably start out on teamspeak then go in game??.

We can go onto the BF2 Vanilla server 1 and square you away with your settings while working over TS or with in game voip. Do a google on Teamspeak if you don't have it and go to the front page of tacticalgamer.com then look for the TS server information. When you get squared away on TS we can meet up. Just send me a private message or reply back to this thread. I'm usually around just about every night.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed