Could not resolve connection manager host name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not resolve connection manager host name

Long story short I got a wireless network. I'm using a D-Link DGL 4300 and I just updated the firmware. It works perfectly for everything except BF:2. When ever I try to connect to an account I get an error that says, "Could Not Resolve Connection Manager Host Name." If I try again my computer essentially locks up (I still can move the BF:2 cursor) and I have to shut off the power.

I did manage to connect once but otherwise it's been a bust. Anyone else have a problem like this?

Re: Could not resolve connection manager host name

You may want to contact EA and see if they can clarify this mysterious error message. Maybe they can point you in the right direction.

The only other thing I can think of would be to make sure that you have the correct ports open on the router. I can't rememeber the port #'s but a search should give you the info you need.

Good luck
    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Re: Could not resolve connection manager host name

I'm way ahead of ya, this router has an option that automatical forwards the ports for BF:2. Not even I can screw that one up :icon_lol:

I was just hoping that someone else had the same problem, tech support is taking it's time. Today I was able to connect but my pings were doubled, when I could only connect once in a blue moon my pings were great. Oh, the irony.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X