Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Lag

Howdy, All!

I just wanted to see if other people have problems with lag using their wireless mouses (mice?). I have a Logitech G7 and sometimes my mouse moves in a very discontinuous fashion. In game, I'm not sure if it's just internet lag or mouse lag, as I try to move forward, but end up facing the other direction. It happens in a seemingly random fashion, working at one time and not the next. I've moved the dock thing with the USB reciever closer to my mouse, and it seems to work then. The thing is, it also usually works when I move the reciever away AND doesn't immediately fix itself when I move it closer.

So, is this a common problem with wireless pointing devices, or am I just unlucky?

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
    TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
    ||

Re: Mouse Lag

try turning off accelleration in your windows mouse settings... i had a problem w/ that once... also make sure the batteries are charged of course...

Comment

I have a G7 and getting the same kind of problems but it seems to be recent and I had the mouse for a while.

First it sometimes gets "jumpy", where it'll keep jumping 1 pixel up and down every second or so. I can fix that by rebooting.

Lately though I've had some sort of mouse lag where if I move the mouse constantly (like in a circle), it'll "stick" every few seconds. Also seems to be fixed by changing battery or rebooting.

Comment

Make sure your mouse receiver isn't near your monitor or anything else that could interrupt the signal. Sometimes I have to move the receiver around a bit in the event that the mouse isn't performing at 100%, it usually clears up the problem.

Comment

That's why I hate wireless mouse or even keyboard for that matter. I love my wired G5 mouse.

Comment

No lag problems at all with my cordless Microsoft Intellimouse.
            XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

move receiver closer to the mouse?

Comment

I've been having this problem off and on for the last few weeks - EXTREMELY frustrating. I have a logitech mx510 WIRED usb mouse... every once in a while (meaning every other day or so) it gets really laggy in game - I move the mouse or click a button, and the reaction isn't seen on screen until about a full second later. I have NO idea why it happens - seems rebooting is the only "solution".

I thought it might be USB traffic was messing things up, so I unplugged all my USB stuff (printers, etc) except the mouse and kb.... didn't help... or not at least until I rebooted :/

Comment

Hi

"That's why I hate wireless mouse or even keyboard for that matter. I love my wired G5 mouse."
                  Yep went through a bunch of issues with wireless and feel the same about my G5.

IronClaw

Comment

I have a cheapass (like 10 bux) MicroInnovations wireless optical mouse and it's performed decently so far. I haven't had any of those problems, but occaisionally the signal gets interrupted by RFI/sunspots/chupacabras and i need to reconnect it or move the reciever around. I'm more concerned about response time, and perhaps DPI since this is just a regular mouse. If i got a new/"better" mouse what would i see?

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      I've been having this problem off and on for the last few weeks - EXTREMELY frustrating. I have a logitech mx510 WIRED usb mouse... every once in a while (meaning every other day or so) it gets really laggy in game - I move the mouse or click a button, and the reaction isn't seen on screen until about a full second later. I have NO idea why it happens - seems rebooting is the only "solution".

I thought it might be USB traffic was messing things up, so I unplugged all my USB stuff (printers, etc) except the mouse and kb.... didn't help... or not at least until I rebooted :/

update... after further study, two things seem to make the lag MUCH more prevalent.

1) when there are multiple people 'nearby' it get's impossibly laggy... not graphical/slide-show lag - I'm talking input lag. Where both mouse and keyboard commands (both connected via USB) are 'ignored' by the game for up to a second at a time.

2) when holding down a keyboard key... for example, by myself covering the flank on Fallen, I hold LAlt to crouch... doing that makes the mouse movement very herky-jerky

gotta say - it's INCREDIBLY frustrating to have kill after kill lined up (contact crouched facing away from you at 20m), and not being able to do anything about it because you can't get your mouse on target or fire when it eventually does. :row__684:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X