Total(Almost)Failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total(Almost)Failure

Well, I just got BF2. The install went fine, and I was pumped to start playing. I get through the opening credits, and the video just fine. Then after the video, when the staticy screen comes up and the lady talks, it freezes before she is done, but my cursor remains. Screen goes black and comes back a few seconds later (cursor stays on screen all along) and i am at the screen where i choose single or multiplayer. I click one and the (with severe lag) and the screen goes black again. Now i am at the account setup screen. From here i cant select anything, and eventually the game just freezes altogether. Anybody know what the issue is?

Re: Total(Almost)Failure

Have you installed the latest patches?
    sigpic

Comment

what is your system spec?
      Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Originally posted by RocketPunch
        what is your system spec?
        Celeron D 3.2 processor
        1.35 Gigs of RAM
        Radeon 9250 Card (Getting X800GTO tomorrow, hopefully card is the problem and that will be sloution)

Originally posted by Drizzid
        Have you installed the latest patches?
        Well i tried to itstall 1.3 i think it is, but it would get to the end of installation and close, nothing would pop up. So i dont think that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by SG_SuicideTS
          Celeron D 3.2 processor
          1.35 Gigs of RAM
          Radeon 9250 Card (Getting X800GTO tomorrow, hopefully card is the problem and that will be sloution)

Well i tried to itstall 1.3 i think it is, but it would get to the end of installation and close, nothing would pop up. So i dont think that worked.

Your video card is probably an issue, so your new card you get tomorrow should help, but you need 1.3, you won't be able to play without so keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by undead77
            Your video card is probably an issue, so your new card you get tomorrow should help, but you need 1.3, you won't be able to play without so keep trying.
            Just tried and completed successfully. Gonna give it a whirl now and see if the card is the issue.

Comment

Just tried and completed successfully. Gonna give it a whirl now and see if the card is the issue.
              Ok, Still failure. Guess ill wait for my card tomorrow. Thanks guys. Hope to be up and running and playing with you soon!

Comment

Good luck and welcome to bf2. Be sure to read the SOPs and Rules and then when you get on the server join a squad lead by a TG tagged person and inform them your learning TG and ask for a little extra supervision :)

You will be addicted before the end of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner
                  Good luck and welcome to bf2. Be sure to read the SOPs and Rules and then when you get on the server join a squad lead by a TG tagged person and inform them your learning TG and ask for a little extra supervision :)

You will be addicted before the end of the week.
                  Ive been playing TG CS:S for about 7 months now, so i know the basic code of conduct and what-not (if its not severely different here) but i sure will read the SOPs. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Did you do the incremental or the full 1.3?

Comment

Originally posted by Acid
                      Did you do the incremental or the full 1.3?
                      Full. Bad Idea?

Comment

Full. Bad Idea?
                        Full is fine. 9250 to X800GTO is a big jump, good for you! d(^_^)b
                        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

No, you want the full. Have you installed all the drivers and such? Try downloading the patch again from EA, it might have gotten corrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid
                            No, you want the full. Have you installed all the drivers and such? Try downloading the patch again from EA, it might have gotten corrupted.
                            Yeah, i got the drivers updated. I think ill wait till tomorrow any try it with the new card. If that doesnt work i will jump out the window.

Originally posted by RocketPunch
                            9250 to X800GTO is a big jump, good for you! d(^_^)b
                            Thank you! I'm pretty excited!

Comment

Well, i got my new card and sure enough, BF2 works! I probably wont be on the TG server for a bit, at least not until i get to know the game a little. But should see you guys withing a week or so.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X