Just got Special Forces and issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got Special Forces and issues

I just bought Special Forces and loaded it on. As I went to play I had gotten an error saying mod/bf2/shaders/lightning.fx not found. So I uninstalled and loaded it back on my system. I noticed that it updated my BF2 back to 1.1 . So I have updated it back and still issues. I loaded new drivers sound and graphics and still no luck. BF2 plays as well as always. Any ideas out there?

Re: Just got Special Forces and issues

oh yea I forgot
    3.2 gig
    2048 ram
    nviada 6800 OC 128RAM
    and let me know what eles can help

Comment

Don't have the exact solution for you, just suggest messing around with reinstalling the patches. Patch 1.3 is the one with the Lightning fx I believe. However, whether installing patch by patch, or the all encompassing 1.3 patch is the way to go, I can't tell ya. I had trouble with mine too, but can't remember what it was that finally fixed it.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I recall there is a specific order that you have to install the game and the patch. I found it: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/531613-post2.html

See if this works for you.
        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

As I'm off to work now I will try reinstalling SF and updating by each patch when I get back. I have the expansions and you all think I need to start from scratch? this game can be a real pain in the ass.

Comment

Yeah, if you had BF2 and 1.3 installed already, and then you installed SF, it reverts your BF2 to patch 1.1 or 1.2. So you'll need to Install the Full patch 1.3

Comment

You don't need to install all the patches in order, just 1.3 full.

Order should be something like this:
              BF2
              SF
              EF/AF (Optional)
              AF/EF (Optional)
              1.3 (If you installed a booster pack)
              Tac mod
              |TG| Lorian
              Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Thanks all. I reinstalled the full 1.3 a couple of times final and the last time worked. I had euro and armor on and didn't want to start from scratch again. So a full 1.3 clean copy is all you need even with other expansions on.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X