Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WideScreen Res

Hey

just got a widescreen 20.1 LCD. Which is awesome and all, except when I try and play something that is not widescreen format (like BF2) and it gets all skewed.

I normally have it in DVI mode (which is better no?) which gives no in monitor option to adjust sceen size. But even when I go to VGA mode, which has the option), it is only able to change the horizontal size by a little bit...No where close to 4:3 mode

Was wonderiong if there is some trick around this, or a prog that allows you to changes screen formats?

Thanks

Re: WideScreen Res

There's a argument that you can put on your BF2 shortcut that lets you set a custom resolution, which allows you to play on a widescreen monitor. I'll go see if I can find it (unless someone beats me)

Edit: Found it!

Add "+szx 1920 +szy 1200" to the end of the target field in the properties window for the BF2 shortcut. Just change the numbers to match whatever widescreen resolution you want.
    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Cool thanks,

How does this effect the picture though? Is it true widescreen? would you be seening more than if playing on a 4:3.

or does it cut off the top and bottom? or leave a shewed image?

Comment

Its not true widescreen. It does cut off the top and bottom a bit. Really not a big deal though...
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
          Its not true widescreen. It does cut off the top and bottom a bit. Really not a big deal though...
          Sure, what he said. I wouldn't know. I don't have a widescreen.
          AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

ok so I tried this out...and ran into some problems with it.

It either fails to load the game...I mean it will try to but then just disappear and show the desktop. Checked proicesses running and there is no show of it. This happens when I try to run at 1280-800

orrr the game loads up but it does not go to the edge of the monitor in resolutions like 1440-900. So my monitor remainas displaying at 1680-1050 and the game is at a lower res so it is smaller.

Anyway to fix this?"

Comment

Hm... I don't have time to search right now, but I added some info to a discussion like this a few months back. It might give you the answer you need. It is something to do with editing the .con files to remove any custom resolutions you had in there previously.

Search for widescreen, maybe...
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Resurrecting this since I have some more info and I know new people are jumping into widescreen more these days. There is also this thread with similar info.

You can find details on how to enable widescreen resolutions here.

WideScreenGamingForums is a good resource for general widescreen gaming.

After playing around in BF2 I posted some screenshots of the differences I saw when switching between 4:3 and 16:10 aspect ratios. What I noticed was not only are you losing some of the screen on the top and bottom but also a small amount on the edges too. This tells me the Field of View is made smaller when using widescreen resolutions. I tried changing the FoV settings but did not see any difference. I also saw no difference using the +widescreen 1 command line option.

The bottom line is you see less with widescreen, but the textures do not appear to be stretched. The minimap and text are stretched a bit but not too bad in my opinion. Read my comments on my screenshots for details.
                flux
                [tg-c1]

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I 'm sure people still want this, from the PR forums:

Originally posted by =HR=Drayu View Post
                  I posted this on another forum, but here is the copy. Anyone try this?
                  So, like many of you with widescreen monitors I have been using the "fix" that uses +xyz ... After browsing another forum, I found this little program that not only fixes widescreen, but also FOV. Does this "hack" get your booted by PB? The second link is to the PB forums, and they say no it is allowed. Check out the two links and reply if you use it. I will be trying it the next time I can get near my computer.

Program
                  http://imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer/

PB Link
                  http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31400
                  Haven't tried it myself but I will tonight, sure hope this works :).
                  Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X