Slow Verifying Client Data times? HERE IS THE ANSWER

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Verifying Client Data times? HERE IS THE ANSWER

Hi to the dudes I was playing POE with today. From the Aussie guy.. Remember I said I had found a fix to reduce loading times from 10 min to under a minute for the verifying part? Well here is the link to the answer....

It is pure gold.

I was pulling my hair out but this has made it all sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Fix for long Verifying Client Data.

Cant post a link as havent made 15 posts yet so you know what to put where the stars are....

email me if you want further info.....Check it out..it'll change your gaming life!
    Last edited by Bommando; 09-04-2006, 08:13 AM. Reason: Added Link and moved to Tech Discussion.

Re: Slow Verifying Client Data times? HERE IS THE ANSWER

All that post really amounts to is to verify that your drives are not running in PIO mode. However, if you do seem to be running in PIO mode, you should be having a lot more performance problems than just BF2 maps loading slowly. Also, as Windows XP generally falls back from UDMA to PIO mode when encountering read/write errors on your disk, locating the root cause of the problem is more important than fooling XP (via the registry edit) that all is okay. Just something to keep in mind.

Short version: if your drive or drives are already in UDMA mode, this fix will do nothing for you.

Also, the registry key pertains only to IDE/ATA/ATAPI controllers. If you've got your drives on SATA or RAID controllers, the fix will do nothing, either.
    <insert signature spam here>

Comment

Thanks for pointing out the important technical points Lek....thanks to Noob for the helpful spirit of your post. You must be a TG'er at heart...welcome aboard.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

My orginal account took me about 6 minutes to log in. This account was on version 1.0 and made back in December.

Went i made my most recent account, when I joined the Irregs, the time to log in is below 10 seconds. This took place in late July after version 1.3 had been produced by EA.

Joining the Irregs has all kinds of advantages. JK

This is yet another example of Ric's almost dumb luck when it comes to interacting with a PC.
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Originally posted by noob_mc_goob View Post
          Hi to the dudes I was playing POE with today. From the Aussie guy.. Remember I said I had found a fix to reduce loading times from 10 min to under a minute for the verifying part? Well here is the link to the answer....

It is pure gold.

I was pulling my hair out but this has made it all sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Fix for long Verifying Client Data.

Cant post a link as havent made 15 posts yet so you know what to put where the stars are....

email me if you want further info.....Check it out..it'll change your gaming life!

Nice! thx for the info and welcome to TG.
          Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X