Disconnects from Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disconnects from Server

Howdy! I'm again having lots of issues trying to stay connected to the server. This seems to happen every 2-3 months or so for a few weeks and then goes away. Last night was terrible since TacMod is the highlight of my week and I got disconnected 4 times in one map. I also experience disconnects during POE2 as well so I don't believe it is server or data center related since I think one is in Dallas and the other in Virginia.

My ping is generally very low ~14 to Dallas servers and still great to VA ~40-50. I have Comcast/RoadRunner 8/784 plan and get great throughput when downloading.

Can someone suggest diagnostic tools to help get me started. Is it the modem, router, comcast?

Re: Disconnects from Server

Did you try the tracert command? See if you can find an area of high latency or hangup. If it only happens every few weeks, it might be a server that keeps being taken down for mantinence.

Comment

Yeh I'll run the pingplotter and tracert tonight. To clarify this happens every night for a few weeks then goes away for a month or so then back every night for a few weeks.

Comment

Check your firmware for your modem. I had a similar problem in December/January. If your pingplotter looks like a red zebra call comcast to come and check out your lines. Make sure the tech takes a look at the pingplotter graph. Comcast sent out three different techs and none of them could figure out the problem until the last one looked at my pingplotter chart and decided to check out a different modem. It turned out to be a problem between my modem's firmware and comcast.

Comment

I doubt M$ would ever do that.

Comment

Ok here is a short run of pingplotter. Its worse than I thought it would be:

EDIT: and for longer

Tracing route to flexsrv3.tacticalgamer.com [64.34.165.134]
            over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
            2 * * * Request timed out.
            3 11 ms 9 ms * GE-1-3-rr02.plano.tx.dallas.comcast.net [68.87.2
            06.73]
            4 11 ms * 28 ms te-9-3-ar01.plano.tx.dallas.comcast.net [68.87.2
            07.85]
            5 11 ms 11 ms 14 ms 12.116.2.5
            6 47 ms 45 ms 45 ms tbr2011101.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.123.16.214]
            7 48 ms 49 ms 48 ms tbr1-cl6.sl9mo.ip.att.net [12.122.10.89]
            8 52 ms 47 ms 49 ms tbr1-cl4.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.10.29]
            9 46 ms 47 ms 47 ms gar1-p360.ascva.ip.att.net [12.122.80.193]
            10 * * * Request timed out.
            11 46 ms 45 ms 45 ms oc48-pos0-0.wdc-sp2-cor-1.peer1.net [216.187.115
            .234]
            12 47 ms 47 ms 59 ms oc48-pos6-0.wdc-sbsp2-dis-1.serverbeach.com [216
            .187.115.238]
            13 47 ms 48 ms 47 ms flexsrv3.tacticalgamer.com [64.34.165.134]

Trace complete.
            Last edited by Shiner; 09-13-2006, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I've been having disconnect and CTD issues. It happends about once a day for the last week. I ran pingplotter and I have 3 red bars. Whats normal on this thing?

Comment

Frustrating. I got disconnected from the server during the scrim 4 times last night.

Comment

It looks like one of comcast's servers that's the problem. It is also showing 2 places where it flat out dropps all of your packets. These 2:

3 11 ms 9 ms * GE-1-3-rr02.plano.tx.dallas.comcast.net [68.87.206.73]
                  4 11 ms * 28 ms te-9-3-ar01.plano.tx.dallas.comcast.net [68.87.207.85]

The 2 that had full packet loss just wern't there or responding (mabey busy), but the 2 comcast ones were dropping around 25% of the packets sent, would also be a problem or cause you lag. You probably want to get one of the comcast guys over to take a look. It seems one of the drops happened on the 3rd step (close to home), and that could be causing the disconnects more often. The lower the step number, the more chance of your comp choosing that route and then more of a chance it has to drop on you.

Comment

Yea, I have Comcast and at times it drops the connection. I wait for a few minutes and then no problem for the rest of the night.
                    The Old Guy
                    kin3
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been on the broadband reports forums and a few other DFW people are experiencing packet loss through the plano servers as well. Seems like the RoadRunner conversion isn't working as well as the marketing literature promissed :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X