X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again Bommando!

Ok Bommando,

Closing my thread and shutting this down with that comment was particularly irritating to me and got me thinking. Does TG want new members? Does TG Technical support forum help its members and those who wish to be active in a respectfull way? Your comment says emphatically no! And youíre an admin!? I may represent that average computer users skill level. This game requires constant patches maps fixes etc to keep up with. I often have issues as well as many others. I have noticed when I do get caught up that the servers have not been populated as in the past. I think itís a shame as I have really enjoyed the camaraderie of all the TG tagged players. As such I think that TG members deserves a little more from its admin ......less TG membership and playership will fall die. I think I could use an icon with a different finger up to you.

Bommando's Quoted Thread:
    "Here we go again" indeed. Yet another thread started which could have been avoided by checking one of three sections"

Re: Here we go again Bommando!

You should handle this in PM Blood this isn't going to get the answer you are looking for. Good luck
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Blood View Post
      Ok Bommando,

Closing my thread and shutting this down with that comment was particularly irritating to me and got me thinking. Does TG want new members? Does TG Technical support forum help its members and those who wish to be active in a respectfull way? Your comment says emphatically no! And you’re an admin!? I may represent that average computer users skill level. This game requires constant patches maps fixes etc to keep up with. I often have issues as well as many others. I have noticed when I do get caught up that the servers have not been populated as in the past. I think it’s a shame as I have really enjoyed the camaraderie of all the TG tagged players. As such I think that TG members deserves a little more from its admin ......less TG membership and playership will fall die. I think I could use an icon with a different finger up to you.

Bommando's Quoted Thread:
      "Here we go again" indeed. Yet another thread started which could have been avoided by checking one of three sections"
      As marketing guru around here, yes, we do want new members. Constantly. Preferably those that can read little things like SOPs, the Tactical Gamer Primer, the forums, and have some understanding of the community. Thus far, we have had little or no problem attracting or retaining those types of members.

As for this specific case, ask yourself: could you have done a little more reading of the threads before I posted? It's a rhetorical question, you don't need to answer. Sure you could. You did not ask anything that was not posted on the forums, or on the front page of Tactical Gamer. That is what Bo is objecting to.

In any event, airing problems with specific admins are verboten in Tactical Gamer. The SOPs and Rules of Conduct are pretty clear on this. Take it to PM.

Comment

The reason why Tactical Gamer is so special lies with the environment that the admins have created which provides the camraderie that you enjoy. Much of the reason why the forums are so popular is that it is free of spam as many of the members self-police identical threads. For an example, see "Save the Kittens" thread, you can find it by using the Search function. It's the same function that will keep you from being scolded in the future.

This line here
        I think I could use an icon with a different finger up to you.
        indicates an unhealthy lack of respect for the admins, and really to the community. Being an admin takes up a great deal of time and energy, and these guys do an amazingy job while donating their time.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Ok fair enough about airing my criticism here. I apologize for that and my last comment (its been a hard week). But all I was asking for is help as I had been having problems with some of the patch configurations (as I usually do when I get behind). I have had a lot of friendly help here in the past and I guess was expecting this again.

Comment

Whereas, as Bommando said, if he closed or deleted this thread it might seem like he was avoiding criticism, there's nothing to say I cannot. I think this thread has reached a conclusion.

As ever if anyone wishes to have this thread re-opened, or would like to discuss my actions further, please PM me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X