Terrible lag after putting in TG prefix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible lag after putting in TG prefix

I created a new accnt. to put in the |TG| prefix and for some reason I'm getting terrible lag. Even on nearby servers with low ping that I've used without any problems previously. I don't know if there is any relationship, all I know is that the game is almost unplayable with this new accnt./name. All my settings are the same as I was using before, i.e., video set to medium on everything.

Does anyone have any ideas? I did put in the new TG mod and the latest patch. But it seemed to work fine with my TG-less accnt. One more thing, just fyi, I put in the incremental patch this time around.

Re: Terrible lag after putting in TG prefix

I want to apologize if this particular issue has been addressed here. I did a quick search and came up empty. Lots of stuff about lag but not in relation to new accnt.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!

Comment

My guess is that one of your settings did change when you created the new profile. Go over everything. I've heard even things like your default connection as "T1 Line" instead of "Cable/DSL" can cause problems, but I've not experienced them personally.

Don't just look at your video settings; if your sound settings are too high it could pull resources from other critical functions, for instance.

Comment

Is it video lag or network lag? netwrok lag is noticed by things and peopl warping around. Video lag is like a major slowdown in video performance. There is a command that will let you test your framerate but I don't know what it is. A search should turn it up in here.
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Thanks guys.

I did lower my audio settings. I went through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure all settings were the same as other accnt.

I think, but not sure, that its a video lag issue not network. I seem to be the only one on a given server skippin' all over the place. I think I'm going to dump the new mod and new patch and try to put the full patch on. I think its also time to go from 1gb ram to 2gb's. Not that 1gb is the basis of the problem.

I've wanted to dl POE but don't dare until I get this issue solved.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Just to clarify.. you can login w/ you TG-less account and not get lag, immediately log out and log back in w/ the TG account and get lag?

Maybe use the same old account and just add the |TG| prefix using the instructions in the stickies for manually editting your prefix?
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed