Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to desktop as CO in PoE??

Hey guys,

I tried my hand at CO'ing again (second time) tonight and about a minute or two into it I crashed to desktop. This also happend the first time I went CO in PoE.

Has anyone else had this happen to them...or am I just getting a subtle hint to stay out of the CO's chair ;)

Cheers.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
    if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Re: Crash to desktop as CO in PoE??

I doubt COing has anything to do with it. CTD's have been around since 1.3 and have hit just about everyone and whatever triggers them feels completely random. Some people rarely get any...some get a lot. To me its the most frustrating aspect of this game because I have no idea how I can fix the problem or if its even a problem on my end. Theres a thread in the general hardware forum on this subject....
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Thanks Mantis.

Yeah...I'm not one who is big on coincidence, so I thought it odd that it happened when I was in CO mode (the only time it's happened).

More data points to be gathered = more CO'ing :D

Cheers.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
      if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

I have a pretty solid system and BF2 still crashes it from time to time, seemingly at random.

There is something about going into the CO screen that seems to crash it though. It has happened to me a few times.

Comment

For the last two times I have played the game has crashed out of no were when in game.
          Granted I have only played on a near full server twice in the last two weeks, both times it has crashed.
          I need more data to have a better conclusion to this.
          Just thought I would bumb this up a little.

Sorry to Reader and Saj when this happened. Cap Mountains 9-30-06

Do we know when the next patch is coming out?

P.S. I was not Commanding.
          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Well, if it helps, anytime I let my rig go into stand-by, resume and launch POE2, CTD. If I end my session, log back in, no problema.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I actually haven't had a crash since 1.3 was released, which is really strange because I have none to solid of a system.

Comment

yup thers a bug in POE sumewhere, ive crashed about 5 times in the past 2 weeks. I think it is more so random but it just could be a bug related to mem. transfer or video refreshing. people have brought it up be4, so i think itll be fixed in the next patch

Comment

I can't remember the last time I've CTD'd. And server stability is way up since 1.4.

eGoatboy, it would be interesting to continue that experiment and see if it's consistent for you in the CO chair.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X