Can you believe it? a VOIP problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you believe it? a VOIP problem

Alright.. about 2 weeks ago I formatted my computer. Before I formatted it I got my mic to work on bf2 only after a lenghty trial and error process. But now I can't get it to work. I have read all the other VOIP threads and tried all suggested methods to fix this problem. But i do have 1 unique problem.
    Anyway quick reference of what i have done so far:
    1. Went to control panel and used the sound and audio devices and tested my hardware and it worked.
    2. Went to Volume control and I got it so that i could hear myself over my headset.
    3. I do have a front mic plug in and a rear plug in and i have tested all methods with both.
    4. I updated realtrek

Problems:
    1. When i go into my bf2 file and go to the mic setup and there is no registered mic. Also when I try to save the setting i get an error and the prgram closes.

I think thats everything.

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Re: Can you believe it? a VOIP problem

How about buying a second hand sound card? Bet you could get one for $20 or so. That likely would fix you up.

PS...I have a weird problem where the test procedure in game does not work but the mic works beautifully in game.
    sigpic
    |TG-1st|Grunt
    ARMA Admin (retired)
    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

That sounds crazy enough to work...

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Comment

7.1 sound for $15... hard to beat it

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...095&adid=17662

Comment

I hear that other people have had the problem where the mic doesn't work in the tester thing, but it works fine in-game, might want to try that.
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian View Post
            I hear that other people have had the problem where the mic doesn't work in the tester thing, but it works fine in-game, might want to try that.
            Yup, I had that problem too w/ the on-board Realtek audio. I had to mess w/ a whole bunch of settings to get it right... eventually just upgraded to an X-Fi.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

you guys can hear my mic.. right? Brought to you by Realtek I am!

Comment

Well for some odd reason my mic works today and I don't know why... But if it isn't broke don't fix it. Thanks for all the help

Comment

Same problem here , i can hear everyone ingame , but i dont see to be able to make my mic work in bf2. (Realtek also )

So after like 6 hours of testing and trying last n8 , i think i better go buy me a new soundcard tomorow (paycheck day you know ;D).
                  So for now it wil be only reciving and not broadcasting for me , but tomorow n8 you should be hearing me too ;D

Kind of very annoying without a mic , i see incomming ppl and i have to type it lol.By te time they can read it i alrdy stopt them of they overunt me :DDD

And that VOIP thing makes the game realy great together with the TG gameplay :-) ( and as a ForwardObserver in the year 2006 in dont have enouf with typecommands ;D )

Greetz FWO
                  ***"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."***

Harry Truman

***My mom always said ;"even if you are a general by statspadding , you still are a wussy if you dint jump Halo !!!"***

Clicky =>

Comment

Did you try all the fixes you could find here FWO? I use Realtek on the laptop when I am using that to play - brief problems, but it was due to the mic1/2 assignment issue w/BF2.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wel i kind of googled allot and readed here some stuff too , but that 1/2 mic issue does say annything to me , so i gonna read the forum here ones more ;D

Thx for the info m8 !

Greetz FWO
                      ***"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."***

Harry Truman

***My mom always said ;"even if you are a general by statspadding , you still are a wussy if you dint jump Halo !!!"***

Clicky =>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X