SERIOUS VioP problem!!!!please HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERIOUS VioP problem!!!!please HELP

hey guys, I am really hoping someone has a successfuil reply for me on this one! Ever since I have had BF2 I have had problems with Viop. sometimes when I join a server my viop works and I can also hear my squad. After about 5 minutes of being in any server it goes completely out and I can no longer hear any of my squad. when you are in the squad menu and look next to my username my mic icon even goes away. Very tuff to follow squad w/o it and Teamspeak is not used for ingame use so if any can be of any assistance it would be much appreciated.
    PSN= Lethal_420

Re: SERIOUS VioP problem!!!!please HELP

Are you using onboard audio or a sound card? The quickest and simplest way to fix it is go buy a USB headset. That was the only way I could get my voip to work properly.
    sigpic

Comment

thats gunna stink if I end up having to do that, I just bought an IceMat siberia headset lol
      PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
        thats gunna stink if I end up having to do that, I just bought an IceMat siberia headset lol

Are you using onboard sound or a sound card? You might want to check and make sure all your drivers are up to date. If you are using a router with a firewall you might want to try and shut it off or go to EA's website and see what ports voip uses. Hope that helps good luck
        sigpic

Comment

well first I had my mic and plugged into pink on the back of comp, now I just tried to take it outta that and plug it into the soundcard that came with this headset whick is in turn connected to the comp via usb, and just wen into game and that didn;t help either. guess now I will try to check about the firwall. Thanks much for your help
          PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Check your audio drivers are updated.
            Open the correct ports as per this thread.
            Enable VoiP in options.
            Alt+tab out of the game, and check that your mic isn't muted in control panel. I have to un-mute it every time I start the game.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I just have onboard audio so don't know where to go to find current driver and also don;t know anything bout the port. Root you seem to know a salution to this lil problem, but you have been confused if you get a free sec could you PM me a littl ebit more descriptiive please?? Yes I know, I'm a noob! lol..Thanks
              PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie420 View Post
                I just have onboard audio so don't know where to go to find current driver and also don;t know anything bout the port. Root you seem to know a salution to this lil problem, but you have been confused if you get a free sec could you PM me a littl ebit more descriptiive please?? Yes I know, I'm a noob! lol..Thanks
                What sound.... thingy do you have? I'm using a realtek.
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Ok let's start from the top.
                  Does general sound work in BF2?
                  Does your Mic work when using the windows voice recorder, have you verified that the mic works?
                  Or the shotgun method:
                  You could try uninstalling BF2 then reinstalling and applying the full patch
                  Retired 6th DB

Comment

yes to all, all completeed and no success
                    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

You uninstalled and then reinstalled BF2 and it didn't work?
                      Retired 6th DB

Comment

yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times, then I thought maybe it was just a bad install disk, so i went and bought the game for a second time and same thing, then I bought it through ea downloader and still nothing
                        PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Uh wow. Ok I have to agree with Root that it is probably audio drivers. Do you know the manufacturer of your mobo and model?
                          Retired 6th DB

Comment

what do you eam?? my onboard sound??
                            PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

This may or may not help...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-mid-game.html

I had to spend quite a bit of time massaging the audio settings and the Sound Threshold Volume was a key behind it. The DXDIAG thing was the primary reason.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X