obtrusive background process interruptions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obtrusive background process interruptions

Sorry to clutter things up with a question that must have been asked and answered already. My computer seems at times to be suddenly attacked with a fit of some kind, freezing all current activity for a period of up to 10 seconds while my task-manager icon lights up green. I also get ingame hiccoughs for up to half a second in length. I'm assuming the two problems are connected.

Is the problem background processes (Webroot Spy Sweeper, Firewall, McAfee), or what might it be?

How can I fix this?

UPDATE: I've been monitoring the Task Manager, and it seems that Webroot Spy Sweeper is the culprit. It goes on a tear for 10-15 second at a time eating up 90+% of the system resources. What? Why? How can this be controlled?
    Last edited by derdmeh; 10-26-2006, 03:04 PM. Reason: updating my information

Re: obtrusive background process interruptions

Run HijackThis and post your results.
    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I turn all antispyware and virusscanners off while playing games that tax my computer heavily (like bf2). I think it is safe (others can confirm this if they know for sure), only don't forget to turn it back on when you go surfing the internet later.

Comment

Make it so the Webroot sweeper doesn't start on startup, or make one of these:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...game-prep.html

A little .bat file you can make with textedit where you can tell it what processes to kill. Run it before you game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X