Issues staying connected.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues staying connected.

Ok, so I have had enough of this, and am hoping you guys might be able to help.

Randomly I lose connection from servers in BF2, and once it happens I can't stay connected to any server for more than about 15-30 seconds before I get the "You Lost connection to the Server" message. I thought maybe that Norton AV was interfering so I removed that and tried again and still had the same issue.

At first I thought it might just be a path to servers that was causing it, but then I was on a LAN game this weekend and started getting the same thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Sajaman/|TG-Irr|Sajier - WoW Resto Shaman, BF2/BF2142 Assault/Medic

| | |

Re: Issues staying connected.

If it stil happened in an LAN game, it might be a problem with your computer's physical connection. Check to make sure that all cables are connected securely.

Comment

Do you have a dual core CPU? If you do BF2 does not play well with dual cores so you have to set the affinity to either core.

Comment

I am running a dual core, how do you set the affinity to one or the other?

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
          I am running a dual core, how do you set the affinity to one or the other?

Not positive but my quess would be through the bios. That's where I would start.
          sigpic

Comment

I have a dual core that I got about 3 months ago. I havent had a problem once running bf2.

There is a patch AMD released earlier this year called the dual core optimiser. I installed it before I ever played BF2 with the new chip. Click here to see it

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1443

Go to windows task manager to set affinity. Click the processes tab. Highlight the process (BF2.exe) Right click it and you'll see an option called "set affinity"...I haven't had to do it once.
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hold on don't give up yet. I have a little program that may help you out. I don't have time to post it now but I will later on after work. I'm betting that's it then.

Comment

Ok, I uninstalled everything last night and am trying a fresh build. I installed the AMD Dual Core Optimizer (I am running an AMD 4200 Dual Core), and in another thread I was told I might need to upgrade Punkbuster so I will make sure that is done as well. I will report back tonight once I can test this out.

Thank you all for this help. It has gotten very frustrating getting knocked out of great games and leaving my squads hanging :(.

| | |

Comment

I have the same problem, Sajier. The game will pause for a moment and either it recovers or leaves the game with the message "You have lost connection with the server." I have absolutely no idea what causes it. The problem is not rampant, but it does occur occassionaly. I run on an Intel D 805 dual core.
                  -33rd- BaneII
                  Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Mine is rampant, as in I will get dropped every time I reconnect after the first disconnect. Sometimes it runs for 2 hours with no problems, other times it runs for 30 mins and starts happening.

Hopefully a couple of these suggestions will help!

| | |

Comment

1- Guys, can you look at your event log for entries around time the disconnect occurs ?
                      2- If you go to the device manager and display properties for your network adapter, you should see a power management tab. There is an option called «Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power». Is the box checked or cleared ?

Cheers.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...hp/t18077.html

Scroll down about halfway to where you see ArcAngel's response. That's what I have set up for mine. Just download that little program and it will set the affinity for you automatically every time you start BF2. Here's what the target line in my BF2 shortcut looks like.

C:\WINDOWS\prioaff.exe 3 10 "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

I hope that helps you out.

Comment

Saijer, try the stoopid tests too like checking your network cable. If the cable crimp connector gets loose, you could have an intermittent failure.

Check or reset your router/cable modem/lan switch. If you can, release the IP at your Internet connection and allow it to reset. Maybe your LAN game helped troubleshoot this if the game wasn't on your home LAN; but if it was, the LAN itself may be the problem. Unplug everything overnight to let it all cool down, then power up and try again.

Do you run Vonage or another Internet phone? Could be some issue there.

Comment

1) Have tested with multiple cables with no difference.
                            2) Have been on multiple routers. (LAN game wasn't on my network)
                            3) I don't use VOIP.

I am going to log in shortly and test it out, we can hope its working :)

| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Sajier View Post
                              1) Have tested with multiple cables with no difference.
                              2) Have been on multiple routers. (LAN game wasn't on my network)
                              3) I don't use VOIP.

I am going to log in shortly and test it out, we can hope its working :)

Make sure you check that even log if you ever get disconnected. Who knows, might get lucky and find a clue in there :)

Cheers.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X