PoE server latency?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoE server latency?

On the Zhytomir map today my ping shot up to about 450ms and stayed that way for the duration of the round until I could no longer take it. I alt-tabbed out and pinged a few other IP addy's and their pings looked normal. Is there something wrong w/ the server tonight? Or maybe it's a router issue somewhere between here and the server.

edit: It's now on the "Spies Like Us" map, and ping is still > 400ms

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: PoE server latency?

I think some people are experiencing a bad hop in between themselves and the server tonight.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yeah, my ping was at least double what it usually is. I saw lots of other +100ms pings across the board as well.

Comment

I just ran a tracert to server IP ( 64.34.165.134 ). Looks like one of the routers at peer1.net is having some trouble either finding a suitable route and/or handling traffic.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I was having 1000ms+ first-hop ping earlier this evening, so now I'm not bothered by 50ms of extra ping in peer1. :)
          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X