Audio Problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Problems

Played PR for the first time last night and wanted to see if anyone else was having similar problems.

First, note I have a Plantronics DSP-500 USB headset, in case this makes any difference.

On the 2 maps I played (names escaping me at the moment), the entire round I was dealing with audio that would randomly cut out. Didn't seem to be related to video because there were never any video problems at the same time, but could it be the maps are more taxing on my system as a whole and are resulting in the audio problems?

Re: Audio Problems

What are your audio settings?

Was this persistent throughout the night? Or did it start after a server crash?

I experienced audio problems after a server crash. I had to close BF2 and restart it to get them working.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Do you have an X-Fi by any chance?

Same thing happened to me. My sound just went all berserk. Crackling and screeching at certain points. I mean worse than the usual crackling and popping that occurs.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
        Do you have an X-Fi by any chance?

Same thing happened to me. My sound just went all berserk. Crackling and screeching at certain points. I mean worse than the usual crackling and popping that occurs.
        I have the x-fi, but I don't have the crackling issues being reported. I posted in this thread about the fixes for the crackling. I've never had that. The problem I had happened before I got the x-fi.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
          What are your audio settings?

Was this persistent throughout the night? Or did it start after a server crash?

I experienced audio problems after a server crash. I had to close BF2 and restart it to get them working.
          I'll check my audio settings when I get home tonight. I think they are medium since I'm using a USB headset.

It seemed to be persistent but I only played 2 maps and there was a crash in between them so it's hard to say.

I did NOT close out of BF2 so if I encounter this again the next time I have a chance to play PR I'll try it and see if it makes any difference.

Comment

I know you have it asch. I was asking DA. You are well aware of my contempt for the X-Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
              I know you have it asch. I was asking DA. You are well aware of my contempt for the X-Fi.
              Nope, on-board sound for the kid's games and for all of my gaming I use the USB headset.

After reading the post by one of the PR devs in this thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-reality.html

I'm thinking maybe I need to lower my settings because according to this:

In terms of min system requirements, the mod probably looks like:
              1gb ram + 128mb vram = low settings
              2gb ram + 256mb vram = medium settings
              2gb ram + 512mb vram = high settings

I need to be running on low settings. I wonder if me running at medium with hardware recommended for low could be contributing to the audio problems. Really, from a video perspective I didn't see any lag or performance impact running with my normal BF2 video configuration.

I wonder if that's ALL settings that need to go to low or if there are specific ones (I'm thinking Texture as an example) that I could lower and keep others on medium.

Comment

I have onboard sound and i had to switch to software render to eliminate the audio problems you speak of here.

- -

Comment

Thanks for the info Vulcan. I'm planning on playing a bit of PR tonight so if I have any problems at all I'll switch to software render and see if it helps.

Comment

UPDATE:

Seems to have been a issue with when the server was crashing because I played Thursday for a bit with zero problems with no changes to my audio configuration.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X