PoE2: Can't Rx VOIP but Tx it??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PoE2: Can't Rx VOIP but Tx it??

So for the last week or so I've been unable to hear VOIP. What's weird is that people in my squad can hear me. I've tried changing the Audio settings from HW/high to SW/med but that didn't work.

Any other ideas?

(I've got an audigy 4)

Re: PoE2: Can't Rx VOIP but Tx it??

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    So for the last week or so I've been unable to hear VOIP. What's weird is that people in my squad can hear me. I've tried changing the Audio settings from HW/high to SW/med but that didn't work.

Any other ideas?

(I've got an audigy 4)
    Can't help you with that, but I have been getting hit with the opposite and a problem I thought I had previously solved... I sometimes lose Voip in game. I know I helped little and added less, but wish you luck!

Lucky Shot

Comment

Obvious, I know, but there's a box to the right that says Enable VOIP, is it checked? Alternatively, is the Voice Over volume turned up?

Hate to be captain obvious, but there have been times when I've missed these sorts of things.

Comment

when i read the topic, i read "Cant prescribe VOIP but treat it". silly medical terminology (Rx=prescribe/prescription, Tx=treat/treatment)

Comment

hahaha... nice.

So I'm not sure what the problem is ... still. I have VOIP enabled and both TX/RX volumes set to 100%.

I guess I'll have to reinstall *shudder* and see if that fixes it :/

Comment

Firewall issue? Change or install something new recently? Perhaps some incoming packets related to voice are getting blocked...
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Well I finally got it fixed. I uninstalled BF2 and PoE2. I then reinstalled and patched both. Logged in, and VOIP still wasn't working right!!!

So I looked at my router. I had my PC setup as a DMZ box - meaning all ports were forwarded. I had made this change because 2142 wasn't working when I just forwarded the ports indicated in the 2142 docs. Anyway - after turning off DMZ and only passing through the ports I setup for 2142, BF2 VOIP mysteriously started working again! wtf?

oh well - i'm good in the hood nows.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X