New Comp/Crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Comp/Crashes

Just got a new computer and am looking forward to adding the PoE and PR servers to my usual TG haunts, but I have a problem. After 5-7 mins in game (single or multi), the game crashes on me. Sometimes it locks up and gives me sound, other times it just exits to desktop. Also, my game IS patched to 1.41.
    My system Specs are:
    Intel Core2 Duo 6300
    Nvidia GF7800 PCI-e x16
    Sound Blaster XLI Pro
    2GB Ram
    More HD space than I can ever use

If anyone knows of a solution to my problem, i'd be eternally grateful. I'd like to do more than play for 5 mins at a time.

Re: New Comp/Crashes

Only the game crashes? Does it happen in PR and PoE2, or just one of them?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Main board make? Have you downloaded all current drivers?
      sigpic

Comment

All drivers are completely updated as of yesterday (always the first thing i do when I get a new comp). The crashes/freezes occur in PoE, PR and vanilla. Ive tested them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          All drivers are completely updated as of yesterday (always the first thing i do when I get a new comp). The crashes/freezes occur in PoE, PR and vanilla. Ive tested them all.
          Any logs in the event viewer ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

No logs shown.

Comment

BTW, if more system specifics help, its a Dell XPS 410, standard config except for the video card.

Comment

Latest Direct X ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

ive got dx9c, dont know if thats the latest, but ill check on it.
                  edit: checked, i have the latest version.

Comment

OK, back to basics: can you post your BF2 settings video and audio ?

DB

| |

Comment

Video settings are at 800x600 low, all of them. Audio settings are hardware/low. VOIP is enabled.

Comment

Try higher vid settings. 1024x768 medium. That card can certainly handle it.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Also, try joining a server that does NOT have punkbuster running. I had a problem once with PB and my mobo drivers.

Comment

BTW, if more system specifics help, its a Dell XPS 410, standard config except for the video card.
                            Well there's your problem...

Dunno, this probably won't help, but when we got our Dell loads of stuff wouldn't install, or if it did it wouldn't run properly. Had to reformat it. Though your should do that anyway with the amount of crap that comes pre-installed.
                            |TG| Lorian
                            Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
                              Also, try joining a server that does NOT have punkbuster running. I had a problem once with PB and my mobo drivers.
                              Ahhhh.. thats right. PB updates. I remember I had that problem too.. I thought this sounded familiar.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X