Direct X10 and BF2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct X10 and BF2

I want to buy a DX 10 video card but don't know if the driver will be compatible with BF2. Thanks in advance for any input on this.

Re: Direct X10 and BF2

Why wouldn't it? If you're wanting to know whether BF2 will run on a 8800 on WinXP, then yes it runs just fine. I do not know about Vista yet. I'm pretty sure Nvidia has not released their drivers for the 8800 series for Vista yet. I would hope they will when Vista hits retail later this month.

Comment

It's backwards compatible. The card will run DirectX10 and DirectX9.
      -33rd- BaneII
      Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Thanks guys...I figured it would have to be but I didn't want to have any surprises as a result of my technical ignorance. Another question....I was thinking about getting an SLI board and having two 7950's but do you think I would be better off with a non-SLI board and just one 8800? I assume more and more games will be dx10 and in terms of the future the 8800 is the way to go, no? My gosh those things are big though....how are ppl SLIing those monsters??? Do they even make boards with enough room yet?

Comment

The first question is are going to upgrade to Windows Vista when it is released this month? DirectX10 is only Vista compatible and will not run on Windows XP. If you arent going to Vista in the near future, you wont get the full potential out of a DX10 card.
          -33rd- BaneII
          Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Get an SLI board AND get the 8800GTX.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Dude I could barely fit one 8800GTX into my case. The card is frickin huge. If you're going to get 2 of those, then good luck. You'll also need to upgrade your power supply as well. One card takes 2 6-pin connectors.

Comment

To answer your question Bane...I'm going to put it in a new build which I'm doing after Vista comes out. Unless they rearrange motherboards to accommodate two of these suckers I'm only going with a single. I think it would be smarter to take advantage of dx10 technology on all levels even with one 8800 card rather than doing a new build SLIing 7950's.....right?

Comment

Your logic sounds good then. If you want to take advantage of DX10 then there is only one choice at the moment, the 8800. Here is an article that might be worth reading at Tom's Hardware about the 8800.
                  -33rd- BaneII
                  Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...