Need help with possible registry issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with possible registry issue

Well after watching the scrim vs BF2C, I realized how much I miss playing POE2 and am gonna try one last kick at the cat to get things working again. I had a problem where no matter how many times I reinstalled, even in different directories, I would still have the same problem. Upon a (supposedly) successful installation, I would click the BF2 shortcut and the BF2 logo would pop up on my desktop, then nothing would happen. I'm thinking that maybe something in the registry got screwed up. Does anyone know what, if any changes BF2 makes to the registry and how to reset them?

Re: Need help with possible registry issue

sounds to me like BF is being blocked by your Firewall, I would go and release the proper ports!
    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

Hey Foxoq you can try Registry Mechanic. It is a cool program but for you to get full use of it you have to buy it. You can try and see if it will fix it first by using the free version. If that doesn't fix it you might have to buy it and see if that works. I used it for a year and it was quite useful and seemed to keep my old machine stable.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks I'll try that. Rookie, I don't think its a firewall issue because not even any CPU processes start up in task manager, just the picture and then nothing.

Comment

Man I hate stuff like that, the splash screen appears, then nothing else happens.

I don't know it it outputs anything to the terminal, but I would try running it from the command prompt.
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Wooooooo!

I finally managed to get it to run by cleaning out my enitre My documents/Battlefield 2 folder and cleaning the registry with that tool from Drizzid. Thanks guys, I'm back in business.

PS: I played a bit earlier tonight. Sorry for any accidental TK's... 'm still trying to ease back into things.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X