Sharing Bandwidth with Wii

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Bandwidth with Wii

Just setup my son's Wii to recognize my wireless router. Looks like it does some automatic updating etc.

Anybody have one of these, or hear any word on how much of a bandwidth hog it could potentially be?

Granted I will likely try to keep it off when I'm wanting to do some serious gaming, but you can't kick the kids off all the time right...lol. I know my connection can hanndle two PC's runnin bf2 and have even had three running bf1942 Desert Combat online before without much issue. And I have no in-game problems normally if someone is web surfing while I play. But not sure how that will compare to the Wii doing a staight download for a system update.

Not really a BF2 technical problem granted, but I figured somebody here might have the same setup so figured I'd ask.

Re: Sharing Bandwidth with Wii

I have a crappy internet connection, and my brother's revolution (wii) does not generally hog the bandwidth but, I keep my pc wired to the router.
    In game name [GN] Rubber_Bullets2 or [GN] KovertKila

Comment

Nerd,

You could check if your router has QoS (Quality of Service) on it, and if so, restrict the bandwidth used by the Wii (you would need to know which ports/protocols to restrict).

QoS may appear with other names, so check your router's manual for info.

Cheers,
      7Shades.
      7Shades

How sweet, thought lifeless, yet with life to lie,
      And, without dying, O how sweet to die!
      - from Thomas Warton's "Ode to Sleep"

Comment

I don't even notice mine. I have a decent connection but my Wii really soesn't make a dent in my bandwidth.
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X