Unable to connect to PR servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to PR servers

When I try to connect to any PR server, I get disconnected. This happens after the nonsense with verifying local content each time. I've made no changes to my system since installing 0.4, and I've had no issues until now. All relevant ports are open, despite my misgivings about these.

I've tried defragging my PC, restarting it and also restarting my router, but still no luck.

Any ideas?
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Re: Unable to connect to PR servers

Originally posted by Root View Post
    When I try to connect to any PR server, I get disconnected. This happens after the nonsense with verifying local content each time. I've made no changes to my system since installing 0.4, and I've had no issues until now. All relevant ports are open, despite my misgivings about these.

I've tried defragging my PC, restarting it and also restarting my router, but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Have you tried loggin on to POE or vanilla servers ?

Punkbuster needs an update ?

Have a look here.
    http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Hmmm... turns out PB did need an update, but even that hasn't fixed it. I'll try a vanilla server and see if I can connect.

Edit : No luck connecting to vanilla servers.
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I managed to connect this morning, and played for about 30-60 minutes on Al Fallujah, then I got disconnected. I reconnected, and got past the "join game" button, then disconnected again.

This is frustrating.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Do you have problems joining UK servers?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
            Do you have problems joining UK servers?
            Yes, and not just for PR. I can't connect to vanilla or SF servers anywhere either.

I can connect fine to CS servers worldwide, so I would guess that my connection isn't the real fault.

I'll try reinstalling everything and see if that fixes it.
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

BF2 reinstalled and patched. PR reinstalled. Still unable to connect. :(
              BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root, can you join me on TS ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
                  Root, can you join me on TS ?

DB
                  Be there in a minute!
                  BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Root, did you find a solution, the EXACT same thing appears to be happening to me and has been since Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
                      Root, did you find a solution, the EXACT same thing appears to be happening to me and has been since Saturday.
                      I don't know that it's a solution, hence my not posting. As you're having trouble though....

DB thinks it's either a hard drive error, or something causing a lot of extra disk activity. The result being the md5 think no worky, which in turn causes the server to drop you. I got this before and after reinstalling, but then it stopped without any apparent cause.

Sorry it's so vague, but it's the best I've got. My PC spec is just about good enough to run freecell, so that may be part of my problem.
                      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Hmm, well I have a pretty decent computer, and can connect to everything ARMA, HTTP, FTP, IRC, everything but BF2 servers. I load it up, and like you when it asks to join the game, I click then within a few seconds I get booted to the menu telling me I have lost connection. I get a reasonable ping too.

Comment

No idea if this is related..

http://realitymod.com/forum/t17965-md5.html

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Try meddling w/ your router's port-forwarding and/or directly connecting to your modem.... (you might also make your PC a DMZ for a moment just as a test)

I was having this exact same symptom w/ 2142 and the problem was fixed by getting the proper ports opened.

Might consider power-cycling the modem & router as well....

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post

Might consider power-cycling the modem & router as well....
                              Do the same thing if you have a hub or switch between your machine and the Router.
                              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X