My mic dosen't work!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mic dosen't work!

Here's the deal, my new mobo's built-in sound card, the Realtek HD audio, for somereason doesn't like Battlefield 2 or 2142. It works normally, but when I start up Teamspeak or BF, my mic stops working. What the hell? :( I run both XP and Vista, same problem for both of them...what to do?
    BF2: ctown.myth | BF2142: ctown.myth | BFBC2: ctown.myth | BF3: ctown_myth (same for Origin)
    SC2: MyCookie | Steam: ctown_myth

Re: My mic dosen't work!

First off, a question.. Is the mic part of a USB headset/microphone combo? I've always had trouble using mine in BF games, even if it works perfectly in Windows.

Under XP (and Vista) make sure the volume control for Recording Devices is set to your mic. Right-click the speaker icon in your system tray (down next to the clock) and click Open Volume Control. In the Volume Control dialog, click the Options > Properties menu. It will normally default to playback devices. Click Recording in the area at top, and see what is checked in the listing below.

It might be Line In, Microphone, CD Player, and others... Test your system under Windows and make sure ONLY the correct setting for your mic is selected, and adjust the volume.

Now under Vista, check your Teamspeak settings. In the options dialog (http://www.gamingnexus.com/Images/Ar.../tsSetting.jpg) make sure the Sound Driver option is set to "Wave" - not "Direct Sound". The Windows Vista sound driver model doesn't allow for Direct Sound.

Before jumping into a game, you might want to run a program called BFVoiceSetup.exe, it's in your BF2 folder. There isn't a shortcut to it, so you'll need to find it via the Windows Explorer (shortcut WINKEY+E). You can adjust the sensitivity of your mic there.

One other thing to check, and this won't apply if the mic does indeed work in XP or Vista... Check to see that your mic doesn't have a mic on/off hardware switch. This might seem like a "DUH" option.. but I (and a fellow IT person) thought a co-worker's new Thinkpad laptop's wireless networking didn't work, until we found that the hardware switch controlling it was set to.. Off.

Good luck - hope this helps.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...