BF2 crashes after splash screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 crashes after splash screen

I bought BF2 today and install went fine but trying to open single player or online doesnt work. Splash screen opens and then crashes to desktop with no error message or anything

1.6 ghz processor
    vista 32 bit
    ATI mobilitly radeon x1400
    1 gig of ram

Ive gone through page after page of forums but nothing has worked. Im ok with computers...if its step by step i can do it. Please Help. Also i know somewhere there was stuff about widescreens making it crash and my laptop is a widescreen so i hope that helps. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: BF2 crashes after splash screen

It could be a ton of things. To start, have you downloaded the latest patch? If not, that would be the first place to start:

BF2 Patches

Edit: Also make sure you have all the latest bios and video drivers for your laptop.
    Last edited by loyalguard; 05-05-2007, 07:33 AM. Reason: Drivers edit.
    LoyalGuard

Comment

doesnt the patch come with the retail version?

But anyways do i install BF2 first then run the patch?

Comment

Depending on when the disc was produced it may not be the latest. Try patching first.
        LoyalGuard

Comment

Ok patch didnt do it.

Still crashes to desktop after splash screen with no message.

Comment

Yeah I was gonna say it wouldn't have anything to do with a patch. Without patching you should at least be able to start up the game. Is the CD/DVD still in the drive when you're attempting to run the game? You said you're running it on Vista, maybe that might be the problem? Perhaps you need to run it with administrator privileges? I have no idea, just trying to throw ideas out there.

Comment

The dvd is still in the drive
              My friend just got vista and his installed and worked on the first try
              Ive tried on admin privileges

and thank you for the help :)

Comment

EA's support site says to check stuff with sound.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

is my processor not strong enough to handle bf2?

Comment

this may sound like a stupid question, but have you tried re-installing?

I'm not to sure what the absolute minimum requirements are in terms of Processing power needed, but on the back of my box it says 1.7GHz P4 or equivalent
                    It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                    - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

ya ive reinstalled maybe 15 times by now.

Comment

Try setting the game resolution to the same as your desktop.
                        Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                          Try setting the game resolution to the same as your desktop.
                          how do i do this if i cant get into the game at all?

Comment

I have pretty much the same problem.

GBH -- once it crashes after the splash screen, press CTRL - ALT - DEL together.

Is there a BF2.exe there, using up your system resources?

If so, we have the same problem, and it is not vista related.

Comment

Originally posted by unconscious View Post
                              I have pretty much the same problem.

GBH -- once it crashes after the splash screen, press CTRL - ALT - DEL together.

Is there a BF2.exe there, using up your system resources?

If so, we have the same problem, and it is not vista related.
                              In another post I mentioned that I finally gave up on Vista. I even got BF2 to work for several weeks but then for no apparent reason the game just stopped working and I saw this with several other of my games. Even though I bought my new pc with Vista I now have XP installed and havent had any issues the past 2 weeks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X