Graphical Settings Vs. Loading Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphical Settings Vs. Loading Time

Well, I find that by the time I finish loading, the game is at least 30 secs in and all the squads have been filled up. I was just wondering what graphical settings you guys were running your games at and what your loading times are. I think I'll have to lower mine down a bit losing some graphical goodness :/

Anyway post your settings and I'll post mine the next time I have a look at it just to compare.

Re: Graphical Settings Vs. Loading Time

Loading time has more to do with the amount of ram you have. Because we have a long pre-start time, you should have no trouble getting in before the game starts. I mean it's like a minute and a half long to give you PLENTY of time.

Lucky Shot

Comment

I'm going to side with Lucky Shot here and say it's a combination of RAM size (and speed) and CPU speed.

I used to run a 3.2GHz P4, 2GB of CAS 2.5 DDR400 (PC3200), a Radeon X800XT with the game set at 1024x786, maxed graphics and no AA. This loaded BF2, PRM and BF2142 fast enough so that I always the countdown to start screen close to the beginning.

I now run an E6400 Core2Duo rig with 2GB of DDR2 PC2-6400 RAM and a Sapphire X1950Pro with the game set at 1280x1024, maxed graphics and 2xAA. This loads very snappily and I alwasy have at least a minute to join squads, organise kit and spawn point with the SL before the game kicks off.

Comment

I have a Pentium 4 2.4GHz and 1 GB of ram. The settings I run it on are 1280x1024 with everything set to medium if I'm correct, Ill check right now. So should I tone down the graphics because I almost never make the 1 min 30 sec limit?

Also, why was my name redacted and no private message sent out to me?

Comment

You can try to lower the graphics settings. I would look to make an investment in Ram.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X