• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not launching anymore -- weird error.

Pentium 4, 3.00 GHz
    2 GB DDR2 RAM
    Radeon x1650 (512 MB)

I'm having some problems with Battlefield 2... Completely out of the blue, following a return from a weekend out with my partner.

When I click on the shortcut or EXE of BF2, it shows me the splash screen... Which then promptly shuts down, as it should do.... However, the executable does not open. I am stuck with a BF2.exe in my task manager, using 50% of my CPU.

I can leave it for hours, and it will not open.

I have tried the following:

Disk Cleanup
    Virus Scan
    Spyware Scan
    Restarting the PC

and I tried opening the game in compatability mode for windows 2000.

I have Windows XP SP2, and I am on a network.

I have played numerous times before-- everyday for the past year. It's just decided to play up since this weekend.

Any ideas?
    Do you need any extra information?

Re: Not launching anymore -- weird error.

Hm. I only get this error after I have installed a patch.

Maybe the patch I got from the torrent website is dodgy.

Anyone else know of any decent speeded downloads for the 1.4 full patch?

The current patch is 1.41, not 1.4

I cant really give you any decent download sites I'm afraid... been a long time since I downloaded it... I'm in the UK anyway, so if you are in the States you probably wouldn't get the same sort of speeds as I do from places I do use (usually try to find host's in my country).

BTW, I get this exact same problem also sometimes... but I know for a fact that mine is caused by my dodgy DVD drive that I need to replace. It seems to struggle reading my BF2 discs (Vanilla or SF) sometimes, completely random and a bit weird really.
      It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
      - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

These guys are pretty good. I'm in North America and they are fast for me.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed