Need help - PR crashes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - PR crashes...

I have finally decided to take the plunge into Project Reality. So I installed 0406 and then wait to load up into a server and right as I am to hit button to enter the game...it crashes to the desktop. I have looked, but I cannot find any answers at all. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Re: Need help - PR crashes...

can you run just BF2? cause it might be one of many problems addressed here: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-support-faqs/

Comment

if you install 0.406 thats the problem u need 0.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
        if you install 0.406 thats the problem u need 0.5.
        Well not really. He should still be able to load past the splash screen and play local, but he wont be able to play on TG with 0.406.

However, do make sure your video/sound drivers are all as new as they can be, and also give us a post with your hardware specs and we might be able to help you out. CTD issues usually stem from a narrow range of errors, most of which are easily fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by gator skywalker View Post
          I have finally decided to take the plunge into Project Reality. So I installed 0406 and then wait to load up into a server and right as I am to hit button to enter the game...it crashes to the desktop. I have looked, but I cannot find any answers at all. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be?
          A complete reinstall of the game will solve many problems. Just make sure you delete ALL of your BF2 folders (don't forget the one in your documents folder).

There is, however, one very simple thing that you can try before going through all that drama. It worked for me and I had the EXACT same problem as you. Uninstall your monitor driver in: display-settings-advanced-monitor-properties. Works like a champ for me.

Good luck.
          submit7

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Well not really. He should still be able to load past the splash screen and play local, but he wont be able to play on TG with 0.406.
            he is saying when he hit the join server button. same happen when you try to play a mod and not having the map, as soon you hit the join button the mod will crash.

Originally posted by gator skywalker View Post
            So I installed 0406 and then wait to load up into a SERVER and right as I am to hit button to enter the game...it crashes to the desktop.
            here is the quote just in case, that mean he can even look for server so he can play the game but only singleplayer or creating a .4 server

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X