Mouse and keyboard die once map loads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse and keyboard die once map loads

I was playing BF2 fine yesterday. Today, once the map completes loading and the kit/squad selection shows up, the keyboard and mouse become unresponsive.

I have a regular vanilla PS2 keyboard plugged in, plus a 4-port KVM with USB switching into which I have my Logitech G15 keyboard and MX1000 mouse. I also tried plugging the USB devices directly into the front-panel USB ports on the PC, bypassing the KVM, with no joy.

Only the game is affected. I can Ctrl-Esc to the desktop and the mouse and keyboard work fine there.

The PS2 keyboard is also unresponsive in-game.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing the DirectX inputs are dropping dead somehow.

This is on XP64Pro.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Mouse and keyboard die once map loads

It looks like one of my profiles in "My Documents/Battlefield 2" got clobbered. The Controls.con file is empty. I need to check the other files in there to see what else got corrupted, but that explains why one profile works and another doesn't. With that file blank, there are no keyboard or mouse bindings.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

glad you found the problem and thx for posting about it in case this happens to someone else we'll know where to check first.

Comment

Ive got the same problem just happened without me changeing anything looked in the profiles and it has the controls.con still there any more ideas?
        thanks

Comment

In my case the controls.con file was still present, but it was empty. I copied in a working one from another profile.

Comment

yeah when i opne my profile and go to the controls it has that symbol for when you click on it, it will ask for what programme to open it with, should it be a folder?

Comment

It's just a text file. You can use Notepad or your favorite text editor. If you use an editor that provides formatting (like fonts and bolding and such), be sure to save any changes in plain text. BF2 won't understand anything else.

BTW, the first thing I do when using a new machine is to change the folder view to not hide file extensions. That's an evil default of Microsoft and allows all kinds of nastyware to hide in plain sight. In the default Windows configuration, a file named GoodPr0n.jpg.exe looks like GoodPr0n.jpg, making you think it's a graphic file instead of an evil program.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X