Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one test limited kits for PR on a local server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one test limited kits for PR on a local server?

I'm using the dedicated server launcher to set up a local server because I wanted to test some things with PR's limited/requested kits, but I'm not sure how to 'unlock' those kits if it's only me on the server? Is there some setting I have to adjust or python file I can modify? I've tried changing the numPlayersNeededToStart setting but I don't think that worked. Does anyone know how I can access those kits on a local server?

Re: How does one test limited kits for PR on a local server?

I have done this and found it the easiest of the couple of different methods:

From the PR Forums:

you can go to:
    C:\Programme\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\python\game

In the above mentioned folder there is a file called "realityconfig_test.py". BACKUP THE ORIGINAL "realityconfig.py" FIRST and than change the "realityconfig_test.py" to "realityconfig.py".

This test config will change many things. It will allow you to request any kit you want (sniper, marksman, heavy AT etc). You wont have to wait 3 mins between requesting kits, you will respawn quickly and much more.
    NOTE: Where I highlighted in red above, note that this is only if you want to experiment with v.5. If you want to experiment with the v.6 Open Beta, substitute "pr" for the beta folder.

Remember to switch the .py files back before logging into any multiplayer servers. Good luck!
    Last edited by loyalguard; 06-21-2007, 01:53 PM. Reason: typos
    LoyalGuard

Comment

Re: How does one test limited kits for PR on a local server?

That worked as expected. Thank you loyalquard.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X