Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

excuse the post and i searched for my time allotted at work btu i am new to this web site and there is a lot to search even using the functions. my question:

how does tactical gamer work with BF2. i get the premise but is their teams and such? do you sign up? when are battles? do we practice? i see a lot fo great info and what refers to scrims and such but nothing on teams and when and how that is formed.

thanks so much for the info and sorry for a very noob post

MEF

Re: Help Please

here's a rundown. Tactical gamer is a group of mature individuals who enjoy tactical gameplay!, as a community amongs ourselves we form In house squads teams for competitions such as those at BFCL - https://bfcl.info etc
    most of the time though, we just play as individuals (not part of a team) on any given TG server. however as individuals on that server we stride for teamwork and fun, and maturaty. join one of our servers. join a squad in that server. and have fun, but i would recomend you read the SOP's for that given server so you're familiar with rules etc.

Comment

thanks sticky i found the SOP thread. now im just trying to find the server IPs and do i need to change tags or when do you do that? do I have to change tags?

Comment

last question, sorry for post but i have searched the forums and im not the smartest person. how do you start? i have read everything, see how the servers are set up. do i pay? where are the IP addresses and so forth. sorry if i missed it, but i have searched the forums.
        thanks

Comment

na, no paying. if you go into the BF2 server browser on the top left there's a place next to server name where you can enter in text. type in tactical and the server should show up. join in and have fun. if you want to take the next step in supporting our community then you can donate 8.95 a month, and get a few extra perks like a reserved slot. but it's up to you

Comment

thank you so much for the information, will do

Comment

Also, if you're just browsing the website, at the very top theres a "Games" dropdown that has a sublink that says "Server List/Status". Now, not all of the TG hosted servers are on there, but the Project Reality and Point of Existence servers both are. Clicking on the server name will give you a popup of the server status and who is playing.

Also, to get a little more in-depth:
              TG is a huge community. We host a ton of game servers for a wide variety of games, not just BF2 mods. In addition to the games we host, we also have organized teams and squads in lots of other games, like WoW, LOTR Online and EVE Online. There is no real requirement for joining, no tryout, no skill level needed (ask anyone how much I miss my shots and that will be self-evident). All we ask is that you read the rules and SOP's and follow them.

TG does, however, sponsor in-house squads that play a variety of games. A complete list of them can be found here on our wiki page. To join any of these squads you have to be a supporting member (meaning that you pay for a monthly or yearly subscription), with the exception of the Irregulars who waive the SM requirement.

Other than that, I highly recommend you explore everything TG has to offer and dont just stick to the BF2 forums! over 15,000 people have registered here and a lot of them have found a permanent home. Hope we can add you to that list!

Cheers,
              Last edited by Pokerface; 07-05-2007, 08:43 AM. Reason: Fixed link. I'm such a nice guy.

Comment

might want to edit ur link there, Ferris. You spelled url wrong. Also, for TG servers just server search on Game-Monitor.com Our PR server is the best server in in the mod
                sigpic

Comment

thanks so much for thr info and help. i really appreciate it and can't wait to get started. i need to download the mods

Comment

much <3 poker!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse