Low PR framerate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low PR framerate

I don't know what's wrong, but my frames are incredibly low in the new .6 PR. It doesn't seem to matter if the settings are on low, medium, or high. These are my settings in this screenshot.

Resolution: 1024x768
    All settings on low.
    AA automatically sets to 8x for whatever reason.

And you know what the kicker is. I'm running this on an 8800GTX and 2GB system ram. In .5 I had every setting set to max and the game was smooth. This happens in Vista and XP. Anyone else experience this? Is it the game? Is it my hardware? Can I pull my hair out now?

Re: Low PR framerate

I can't solve your problem, but I think it is perhaps common. There are certain areas of specific maps that just kill my computer it seems.

Where it may run smooth one time, you get to a bad area, and hop 15 fps. I'm thinking some maps are just a little to ambitious perhaps.

Jmaker do you have this on all maps, with all player numbers,any difference foliage vs buildings?

Comment

Yeah I think it happens on all maps. That screenie was on Hills. I know for sure it cripples me on Mestia, and Kashan.

Comment

Well I managed to fix this (I hope). I just kept messing around with the settings. I think it may have something to do with the Dynamic Light and Dynamic Shadows. I turned both of those to off, and the game seemed to run normal.

Comment

Disregard my above 'fix'. I turned off vsync and that seemed to return things to normal.

Comment

Jmaker, to change those AA settings, just go to yout mydocuments/bf2/profiles, find video.con (make backup) and change the value for AA from 8samples to Off, or the number of samples you want to test. Don't forget to save.

I cannot change AA in game, this is the only way it works for me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X