USB Headset...killing my night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Headset...killing my night

I was having a good night after being away for a bit. I run a company and well, have to work, kiss the wife, play with the kids....anyway...

I picked up a new Logitech USB headset with mic....sound bit the dust mid game and I tried to continue to drive my tank but WTF...no voip no sound....sorry squad.

PS, anyone have any issues with this headset?
    sigpic Sometimes I rip, other times I RIP.

Re: USB Headset...killing my night

Check the connection (where you plug it in)

I've had this happen to me before,and it is usually because of the plug being halfway pulled out.

Comment

Make sure you have it plugged in before you start the game, USB headsets are funny that way.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieRay View Post
        I was having a good night after being away for a bit. I run a company and well, have to work, kiss the wife, play with the kids....anyway...

I picked up a new Logitech USB headset with mic....sound bit the dust mid game and I tried to continue to drive my tank but WTF...no voip no sound....sorry squad.

Yep that is what you get when it is disconnected for a fraction of a second. The only solution is restarting your game. What you win is excellent sound quality that irritates no-on. Very good for the on-line social life.

Comment

I have one of those gathering dust somewhere as I just couldn't get enough mic volume out of it in the first place, but I have had exactly this same issue when I knocked the headset's USB plug that was connected to the USB port on front of my PC with my foot during a round of BF2142.

Got the Logitech headset with the phono plugs to replace it and haven't regretted it for a second.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I switched to a back USB port and lets see if I dont touch it there....I wont even tell you how I broke my phono set....

Ya know how frustrating it is, you finally get into a squad you have fun with, and then the sound goes down

Sorry to Prima who was my tank gunner...we went rambo after the sound went out...ran over a heavy AT guy aiming at us...that was fun.... and then I went away...dont want to do that to a squad...what a night....thanks again.

Comment

Every few matches my voip gets bugged, so when I press the hold to talk button nothing happens. Very frustrating, I can see where your coming from. Hope you get it fixed.
              Watch your fire, be safe.

Comment

using the logitech 350 and sounds are great. issue i have is i get all sound regardless of location.. makes it a pain in the ass trying to tell where gunfire is coming from.. also if you have too many items for instance plugged into a non powered usb hub you could be overworking said hub and it drops the usb port.
                had that happen when my kvm switch with usb ports lost its power plug.

Comment

I use a logitech something gaming headset, ANALOG. I prefer analog due to higher quality IMO, and not using any processing power.
                  Skud

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I switched to a back USB port and lets see if I dont touch it there....I wont even tell you how I broke my phono set....
                    I think I can guess, stood up and walked away from the computer while still wearing the headphones?

I use two sound cards in my system. Onboard sound and a sb live just for the mic because onboard sound is awful for mics or at least mine is.

Rhino, I think turning down the sound quality has helped some. Or theres some sort of update that can be done to the EAX files. Theres a thread on the projectreality forums I think

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I use some massive Phillips Noise Cancelling head phones and a desktop mic. I've gone through 8 head sets in 3 years....the cord always gets tangeled when my sister uses it. It never fails,the mic always goes first. Other than the fact that my head phones are amazing....thats why I have a desktop mic instead.

Comment

yeah, the logitech one is the one I have too. I've found sometimes I hit the mute button by accident, but with it plugged into the back, it's worked better then the front.
                        |TG-Irr| Dfg872

Comment

I can't even play with my 120 dollar usb headset, the usb channel lags me out.... why didn't my 200 dollar sound card come with a usb port.

Comment

For some reason all is good with the back usb port...thank the Lord.

Yeah Sabre, round ended, the 3 hour type, wanted to run to the fridge and head before next map loaded, jumped up and thwaaaaaaaaaaaaaack, crack, boop. No more analog set.

Comment

Had that happen to me before,phone rang in the middle of a round and when I jumped up to go get it,the cord detached from my cheapo 15 dollar headset from Wal-Mart.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X