Video glitches help...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video glitches help...

Since the first beta of PR0.6 Iíve seen lots of videos glitches popping here and their in PR.

What's weird is this never happened in 0.5, or in POE2 or any other mods Iíve tried with BF2.

Here is a pic...

I can see holes that form in and out in the weapons models and sometime on streets and roads.

Here are my PCís specs:

Acer TravelMate 8100
    2 GHz Intel M processor
    2 Go of RAM
    128 MB ATI Radeon 700X

Cheers,
    Nix

Re: Video glitches help...

Try different drivers

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
      Try different drivers
      Also check your GPU's temperatures during idle/game, perhaps its overheating slightly.

Comment

Well, although the 128mb card will run PR (obviously), you'd still be MUCH better off upgrading your vid card. Thats the only thing I really see your system lacking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
          Well, although the 128mb card will run PR (obviously), you'd still be MUCH better off upgrading your vid card. Thats the only thing I really see your system lacking.
          Can't it's a laptop, and why is PR0.6 the only mod (and I play with POE2 full graph up) that gives me this kind of trouble?

Comment

realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21881 (can't make it a url because i don't have enough posts on TG yet = /)

I have the same problem. That's my post from a while back, we were never able to track down the problem. Everything else works fine, every other game has none of these type of artifacts.

The same exact thing happens on both my machines that share no common hardware besides the same series CPU and ram.
            One machine specs

Video - MSI 8800 GTS 640 Core Temperature around 49 idle and 55 load With memory always around 44c. While these temperatures may seem high, the 8800 series of cards run especially hot and those temperatures are actually about 20 degrees under the average.

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-m55sli-s4 rev 2 (Nforce 4 sli Northbridge)

Processor - Socket AM2 x5200 x2 Overclocked to 3.1 at 1.4 vcore (And yes i get the artifacts at stock speed and voltage as well.) Temperatures hover around 28 Degrees idle and 38 degrees under load

Memory - 2 gigs of gskill ddr2 pc6400 memory

On this machine it happens in Vista and xp Using every driver you can think of (trust me i've tried them all). Also i've tried every combination of settings in game and in the nvidia control panel.

And the Other Machines specs are

Video - ATI X850 XT Platinum Edition 256 Meg

Motherboard - Some Super Cheap MSI board, Via KT 800 Northbridge

Processor - Socket Am2 X3600 x2 (Stock clock)

Memory - 1 gig Gskill ddr2 pc6400

Only tried this machine with XP, But i've used every driver from 6.1 to 7.5. Temps are a little higher on this machine but well within spec.

All other games work fine, and in fact some maps in PR don't see much of this issue, it's still there but you have to look close to see it. But the desert maps generally make it super obvious. Check out the video i posted in my realitymod.com link.

And to the OP try Wake Island 2007 in a 64 player close to full server, if you're US you will probably get the artifacts there too. So it's not entirely PR as much as what seems like a flaw in the BF2 engine for certain hardware configurations.

Comment

It happens a lot on my computer too, and yes, especially on the deset maps. PoE2 doesn't have it quite so much, and Eve of Destruction I haven't seen it at all, but that's probably because the models are much much simpler (I swear, the game looks like a cross between 1942/HL 1 and BF2).

The weapons models, especially the round frag grenades on the top near the safety pin, and the M4/m16 around the stock. The artifacts flicker in an out rapidly. The same happens on maps like Kashan around the villages, the wall models nearly vibrate at long distance to me (I've seen a youtube video with this in it.. um, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEenJZSf8zk

my specs are an EVGA e-Geforce 6800GS 256mb and 1gb of pc2700 DDR. my card, after cleaning, idles around 118-120f and under load around 150.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
              <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
              DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

yeah i have the same problem, ive got:
                pentium D 3.2 ghz
                geforce 7900gt
                3 gigs ram
                nothing overclocked at the moment

and ive noticed little things like random black squares when i zoom in on my ironsites, and yesterday i saw a grey line on the minimap that went across the screen, never seen anything like it before, and ive always been able to run and still run PR on all high graphics with good framerates

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

HA, sounds like you have about the same issues I have, finally glad someone else does. I have an ATI All-In-Wonder X800XT 256Mb card. I had issues every since I had got the card, called ATI and they RMA'ed the card, still had the same issues with new card, so called again, did this 3 times and they sent me altogether 3 cards. Finally talking to a tech support one day about the issues I was having they told me that some northbridge chipsets don't like ATI(more or less) which I have the Via chipset which they claim some ATI cards don't like.
                  Anyway the way I was told to take care of the problem and it helps for about 2 weeks is make sure you save your drivers you downloaded from ATI cause reinstall them each time you see this happen. It will probably get worse if you don't.
                  I think ATI just needs to improve their drivers, seems like they get lost on the hard drives or something to cause them to need a reinstall. That is why my next card WILL NOT be ATI. Never had such issues with any Nvidia card.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                    HA, sounds like you have about the same issues I have, finally glad someone else does. I have an ATI All-In-Wonder X800XT 256Mb card. I had issues every since I had got the card, called ATI and they RMA'ed the card, still had the same issues with new card, so called again, did this 3 times and they sent me altogether 3 cards. Finally talking to a tech support one day about the issues I was having they told me that some northbridge chipsets don't like ATI(more or less) which I have the Via chipset which they claim some ATI cards don't like.
                    Anyway the way I was told to take care of the problem and it helps for about 2 weeks is make sure you save your drivers you downloaded from ATI cause reinstall them each time you see this happen. It will probably get worse if you don't.
                    I think ATI just needs to improve their drivers, seems like they get lost on the hard drives or something to cause them to need a reinstall. That is why my next card WILL NOT be ATI. Never had such issues with any Nvidia card.
                    Same here, but I have the newest drivers and still have the prob. The worst map is Kashan at 64 players. Mabe it's just how they coded the skins on that map. On other maps, I am pretty ok. What's funny is that I never had that probs in 5.06! Anyways, I liked the old skins and they are much better then the 0.6 version IMO.

Cheers,
                    Nix

Comment

you got the all in wonder card though. that could be your problem right there. You got a video card whose architecture was set up for capturing television programming. If you swap over to a gaming card, you probably wouldnt have the same problems. I've been using ATI cards for YEARS and have never had any driver problems the likes of which you speak.

Also, Nix, I know a lot of people think that having a laptop prevents you from upgrading its components, which is completely untrue. you may have to take it somewhere and have it professionally installed if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, but it can be done.

Comment

The AIW has the same exact chipset, nothing is all that different from a regular ATI X800XT. If the software is not installed for using the AIW capabilities then according to ATI Tech Support it IS the exact same but I do know they tell people crap to get them out of their ears though. I do not run the software for multimedia just install the drivers, I don't even install the Catalyst program cause it is useless and just something extra to run in the background.
                        Apparently the cards are not the issues, it must be driver related for more than a few to have such problems over a variety of different ATI cards but mostly it seems to be the X800 and X850 classes. Running latest drivers doesn't mean they are the best for the game you are playing, ATI tech support had me install the 6.4 drivers for running BF2 and PR but there was no difference so I now have the 7.7's I think that are the latest.
                        Plus if it was my card, wouldn't this happen ALL the time and not just after about 2 weeks then need to reinstall drivers? After installing the drivers everything clears up, play fine even in Kashan with no problems.

Another possibility I was thinking, maybe it is our hardware setup in some way? I see 2 people with Nvidia cards have the same issues. This problem seems to occur after 2 weeks or after I do a hard drive defrag also. Something has to be happening to the drivers when I do a defrag?!?! It doesn't matter if I use Windows defrag or another program, I do use another program and thought that was the problem so used Windows for a while to see if that was it, still did it, so not that. Either way I have the drivers saved on my computer so I can quickly reinstall the drivers and it has got to be a habit. As long as reinstalling the drivers takes care of the problem I guess I really shouldn't whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          Also, Nix, I know a lot of people think that having a laptop prevents you from upgrading its components, which is completely untrue. you may have to take it somewhere and have it professionally installed if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, but it can be done.
                          How? The video card is part of my mother board, I will need to swap the whole thing if I want a vid card upgrade...

Have any places where I can do this?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X