Yet another CTD Issue, im freakin out with no solution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another CTD Issue, im freakin out with no solution

I've got Vista 64-Bit Running 4GB of RAM (2x2GB) on a AMD X2 5600+ stock and a Geforce 8800GTS 320MB including a Xfi Premium and evga nforce 590SLI AM2 mobo. I've installed all the latest drivers for every thing (Forceware 162.22; Creative Update with Alchemy; Dual Core Optimizer/Driver; nforce 590SLI drivers; and Vista's Performance and Compatibility Updates)

I've tried 3 different sets of video drivers
    Tried removing 2GB stick of RAM so i was only at 2GB total
    Reinstalling BF2
    Running as XP Compatibility
    Setting Video settings to extremly low (640x480 everything low/off)
    Disabled Dual Monitors
    Installed Safedisk?
    Read and tryed troobleshooting from over 10 pages of google searches, which is about 2-10 pages of reading per-forum.
    Tried everything I found in here...

Its not random, every time it finishes loading a map, Verifying Client Data or what ever and bam, desktop.

Originally posted by System Info
    NVIDIA System Information report created on: 08/12/2007 16:21:00
    System name: -PROJECT13V-

[Display]
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ (2816 MHz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista x64
    DirectX version: 10.0
    GPU processor: GeForce 8800 GTS
    ForceWare version: 162.22
    Total available graphics memory: 2111 MB
    Dedicated video memory: 320 MB
    System video memory: 0 MB
    Shared system memory: 1791 MB
    Video BIOS version: 60.80.18.00.01
    IRQ: 16
    Bus: PCI Express x16

[Components]

nvCplUIR.dll 1.4.16.02 NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvCpl.cpl 1.4.16.02 NVIDIA Control Panel Applet
    nvExpBar.dll 1.4.16.02 NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvCplUI.exe 1.4.16.02 NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvViTvS.dll 7.15.11.6222 NVIDIA Video and TV Server
    NVMCTRAY.DLL 7.15.11.6222 NVIDIA Media Center Library
    nvDispS.dll 7.15.11.6222 NVIDIA Display Server
    NVCPL.DLL 7.15.11.6222 NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 162.22
    nvGameS.dll 7.15.11.6222 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
    That driver yields the best performance in CS:S and Oblivion (Which i have no issues with). I've got a friend down the street who Plays Vanilla BF2 (With 1.41 patch that i've got installed) and I'd like to play with him.

Any help or comments would be much appreciated.

-Black_V!per
    Last edited by Black_V!per; 08-12-2007, 07:48 PM.
    Oyee

Re: Yet another CTD Issue, im freakin out with no solution

Im not an expert but i have been readibg alot about Vista 64 bit OS having alot of problems with crashes using nvidia drivers. havent read about bf2 specific problems tho. sorry if that doesnt help just wanted to relay what Ive seen.

Comment

Originally posted by JollietJake View Post
      Im not an expert but i have been readibg alot about Vista 64 bit OS having alot of problems with crashes using nvidia drivers. havent read about bf2 specific problems tho. sorry if that doesnt help just wanted to relay what Ive seen.
      Nahh, not so much anymore. He's got a similar rig to mine and I have no problems.

I had the same thing last night because I was trying to join the PoE server with 1.7 and the server had been upped to 1.8 and I missed the news. It'll also do that if you don't have the map the server is running.
      sigpic

Comment

Well thanks for the info on the dual core, i'll try that.

This is just testing it in Single in Bf2....

I do have PoE2 install, its only 1.7 right now but i downloaded 1.8 and will install that now. Everything is at default locations, i didn't change anything during the installs of either game.
        Oyee

Comment

I am not having trouble with dual core though.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by G--Man
            Sounds like the simple POE2 update to 1.8 will probably fix your issue..
            No Dice.

:( I knew I hated EA for something.

Edit:
            May Be Creative, everytime I got to the Audio Options Tab it crashes, im testing new drivers (Yet Again) and disabling things, i'll update with a fix if i find one for someone elses future reference.
            Oyee

Comment

which did you downlaod the full 1.8 or the 1.7-1.8 patch???

ive ALWAYS had problems with the little patchs,, so i only download the FULL releases and have never had a prob since.

if you havent downloaded the full i would suggest you try. if you have already done this,, i dont have a clue. sry

Comment

i have a similar rig and i ctd on load every once and a while. I have 32 bit though. Ill try loading one one core and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
                  No Dice.

:( I knew I hated EA for something.

Edit:
                  May Be Creative, everytime I got to the Audio Options Tab it crashes, im testing new drivers (Yet Again) and disabling things, i'll update with a fix if i find one for someone elses future reference.
                  Are you trying to run it in X-Fi mode? I remember I had trouble with X-Fi mode in BF2, I haven't checked what it is on lately though to see if it got fixed.

Edit, nevermind - mine is working in X-Fi and Ultra High now..

Originally posted by Cappy View Post
                  ive ALWAYS had problems with the little patchs,, so i only download the FULL releases and have never had a prob since.
                  Me too, although I haven't had any troubles with this particular incremental patch.
                  sigpic

Comment

It was the full patch, and I havnt been able to diagnose the issue, the audio option in game crashes to desktop, and all the drivers settings i've tryed hasnt givin me a fix.

And every time i try to set the game to one core it truncates it to:
                    Windows cannot locate c:\program.

Since im on 64-Bit its located c:\program files (x86)\ea games\battlefield 2\bf2.exe

So i type:
                    start /affinity 01 c:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe

Am i doing something wrong?
                    Oyee

Comment

Phew.. OK.. tough one.

Lemme see what I've got

Try right-clicking the shortcut. click advanced and select 'Run as Administrator', maybe?

Is your DirectX fully updated?

I dunno.. I am running straight out of the box Vista 64 Home Premium (or whatever), Dual core, X-Fi Fatal1ty, evga 8800GTX, 4GB.. etc.. I'm not adding any additional switches or tweaks for load-up.

User Account Control is off - is yours??

EDIT - One more thing - I haven't heard of it as a problem - but try uping the video resolution. 640x480... may cause issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong.. I'll test too.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I found it - you set your desktop/card settings to 640x480? or in BF2?

Edit: I ask because 640x480 isn't even an option in my PoE BF2. I had trouble with resolution/refresh rate issues with BF2.
                        sigpic

Comment

Um my video card/res is set to 1280*1024

I tried running as admin, and DX is updated as of 3 hours ago (Downloaded it and updated). UAC has been off since i installed Vista (I hated it on other machines).

I only set it to that res to test to see if it would work, natively and normally i run at 1280*1024
                          Oyee

Comment

Since i cant update my last post, i'll just say im sorry for a double, but I seem'd to have found a fix. Well, for my issue at least. I uninstalled and completely removed my Xfi sound card, not only do all my games work now, but they all sound surprisingly better on my on-board audio. 5.1 works (Didnt on Xfi), DVD's work (Didnt on Xfi), Games work (Didnt on Xfi), performance gained (I thought i spent $150 on a sound card to do what it doesnt?)

Maybe when creative decides to take their heads out of... You know what I mean... Then i'll pop it back in and try it, till then i've got a $150 dollar paper weight.
                            Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X