Just installed game/patch. Load up=instant desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed game/patch. Load up=instant desktop

this probably has been said many times before, as i did a search and saw some but i found no results so maybe i could get a more accurate suggestion for my problem (other problems i searched were near it, not exactly it)

i installed BF2 today and then i installed the latest patch (1.41) before i installed the patch i could startup BF2, but then it froze on connecting screen. i thought i needed to have the latest patch so i downloaded it, installed it, then when i started up BF2, it just exits to desktop immediately, no error message or anything.. i have a top-notch computer w/ a nvidia 8800 so i don't think that would be the problem.
    Any ideas?
    -Kulmar

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Re: Just installed game/patch. Load up=instant desktop

I had a similar problem. Do you have an LCD monitor? If so, it may be trying to load a resolution that's not supported.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. That way we can eliminate whether something was corrupted.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
        I had a similar problem. Do you have an LCD monitor? If so, it may be trying to load a resolution that's not supported.
        No i dont have a LCD monitor. Although i might have to restart my computer but i cannot because of the activation of windows.. i dunno that is probably the answer but i did start bf2 before the patch which made me think that i might be able to play it without restarting.

EDIT: Reinstalling worked! now i just gotta find the TG game server ip...
        Last edited by Kulmar; 09-09-2007, 02:20 AM.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Your not done yet! ;) We don't play Vanilla BF2 here, we play Point of Existence mod and Project Reality mod, both are free and based off of BF2.

POE: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...poe2-free.html
          PR: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-mod-free.html

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse