No announcement yet.

Crashes in PR

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes in PR

Some of you may know me as I play on the TG PR server quite regularly. I've been playing for some time now, and every now and again, the game would crash. It wasn't a fuss, and I accepted it. However, recently, it has been driving me up the wall.
    As some may know, I often command, and in the past week, these random crashes have been out of control. I just crashed from commanding in Zatar Wetlands and crashed in Gulf of Oman 3 times. It's a pain to wait for an open slot every 5 minutes.
    I am extremely frustrated. I think I might have to reinstall (Which may be a pain), but before I do, I'd like to get some of your opinions on this. The game just crashes to desktop at seemingly random points of play.
    Also, this problem seems exclusive to PR: Vanilla BF2 and POE run without a htich.
    Here are my system specifications:
    -E6800 Conroe Xtreme Edition
    -4GB DDR2667 RAM
    -Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit
    -Onboard sound (Till creative fixes their damn 64 bit drivers)
    -NForce 590 SLi (Intel) for motherboard

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm at my wit's end.
    Last edited by Catraphact; 09-26-2007, 03:10 AM.

Re: Crashes in PR

Yes, I have installed all the Vista hotifixes, and my drivers are working fine. I think I fixed the problem without re-installation. If you delete the "Battlefield 2" folder in your "My Documents" it completely resets the game.

Its cleared up crashes and made loading/verification faster. I suggest that everyone should do it once in a while. Clears up the clutter. You do have to reset all your settings/controls though.

Re: Crashes in PR

Just delete the mods directory under that folder, that deletes the cache and keeps the controls which are just text files

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed