PunkBuster Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PunkBuster Problem

This problem persist through each of the BF2 mod's PR, POE2, Special Forces. I was wondering if anyone knew what "RESTRICTION: Server Communication Faliure: PnkBstr,exe initialization failed" means and how I could fix this problem.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Re: PunkBuster Problem

First update manually PB then turn your personal/Windows Firewall off and make a quick scan with your anti-virus and try again.

\Eol

"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death, I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

Comment

How exactly do you manually update punkbuster? I have tried going to their site and downloading some code into my bf2 pb folder. but it seems like it did nothing.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Go to the PB site and get pbsetup.exe. Then run the update for BF2 and you should be fine. (It shouldnt matter where you save it)
        sigpic

Comment

I've done all of that and PB still kicks me out. What next?
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

This link is for the pbsetup.exe file:
            http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

This one is for the PunkBuster (BF2) Security Files:
            http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php

I installed both of those into my bf2 folder, and now for some reason i am getting an error message
            "There was an error listening on a socket." Whenever i try to connect to account server. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X