CD-key not valid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-key not valid

It's the error that lots of people seem to have: install the patch and the game can't read the CD-key, and so won't let you play online. I've tried changing the key back to what it should be in the registry, as suggested by EA, and I've also tried installing patch 1.4 instead of 1.41, but neither have worked. I also did a System Restore, which makes the game playable online, but only in its unpatched state. The game is on its third install now, and I did a clean-up of the hard disk, to get rid of anything left over from the previous install.

I just wondered if anyone here had the same problem, and what they did to solve it. I have BF2 Deluxe (Battlefield 2 + Special Forces), if that makes any difference.

Also, I'm new on the forum, so hi!

Re: CD-key not valid

I got the same thing out of the blue today! That is so annoying I can't even begin to tell you. I wish I was working in the hardware industry

Comment

Re: CD-key not valid

So far EA Tech Support haven't come up with anything that works permanently. They suggested that I tried installing the game on a different Windows user account, which worked once and then stopped working. I think it may have broken because I tried restoring my old BF2 account, rather than creating a new one.

It might be worth giving it a try, good luck with it anyway

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X