I WANNA PLAY :( help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I WANNA PLAY :( help please

hey guys im new too this site but i hope this will be the first of many threads.

anyway i recently formatted due too a nasty virus and i attempted too reinstall BF2 and it trys too load screen goes black and then crashes back too desktop no error no nothing gawd i wanna get back out there help me out !!!! please

ok im running a 1.8 GHZ cpu
    Geforce Fx5200 (which is not one of the recommended cards i know but it has worked in the past)
    1GB of RAM
    windows server 2003 with all the service packs and updates
    Last edited by 1.08crackedsash; 11-05-2007, 02:43 AM. Reason: adding details about my system

Re: I WANNA PLAY :( help please

In short: try setting your display resolution to 800x600, start BF2, and set the in-game resolution to what you usually use on your monitor. Shutdown BF2 and change your resolution back.

From http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_3.html :

Launching/Loading Issues: The most common problem with BF2 is that the game crashes to desktop or goes to a black screen when you first launch it. The reason for this is either incompatible hardware (make sure you meet all the minimum specs), or more usually the fact that you're not running at the default Windows XP refresh rate (60Hz). By default the game tries to launch at [email protected] initially, so your system must be able to run that same resolution and refresh rate, otherwise the game will abort. If you are using any refresh rate override program/method, disable it (e.g. if you're using Refresh Force, click the 'Restore Original Settings' button and apply). Alternatively, see the Advanced Tweaking section of the guide for details on how to set a different startup resolution, in case your graphics card/monitor simply cannot do [email protected] resolution. Once you've got the game running, you can then change the resolution to suit your taste in the in-game settings, and importantly you can select a higher refresh rate. Then you can reapply any refresh rate override and the game will launch without any problems. To set a non-standard resolution see the Advanced Tweaking section.
    HTH

Comment

im pretty sure ive tried those methods and i know my card is up too the specs of the game its 128MB supports pixel shader 2.0 ive run it plenty on this card i hope i can fix this i dont wanna wait til next payday too play :(

Comment

thats what its sounds like,, the game is setting the res to something either the monitor or your card wont handle and its just kickin you back to the desktop....

i had this problem while tryin to max my old rig,,, tried res's it wouldnt handle and had the same results.....

and i know i dont have to ask but you prolly already updated all your drivers and such correct :) :) have to ask to make sure :)

Comment

yeah ive been downloading all the drivers for this card for some time looking for the one i previously had installed which ran the game amazing no lag no skips nothing it was smooth before now i cant even run it its beyond weird...

Comment

oh and did i mention i can play battlefeild 2142 and WoW with no problems on this same card and drivers .....strang?

Comment

solved my issue installed xp instead of 2k3 iuno how that changed anything but BF2 is running once agian on my FX5200 :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X